If you love popsicles, I have the perfect recipe for you! These homemade Strawberries Popsicles are naturally sweet, free of any refined sugar, and loaded with a delicious fresh strawberry flavor in each bite!
Who doesn’t like popsicles? They are very well-loved not only by kids but adults as well. And this popsicle recipe is ideal for the warmer spring and summer months, but it's also a tasty treat you can enjoy all year round.
Plus, making these popsicles is so much easier than you think. The best part about them is that they are healthy enough that you won’t even feel guilty giving out seconds if your kid asks for them.
All you need to make these delicious Strawberry Popsicles at home is 4 ingredients. That’s right, 4 ingredients including water!
They’re the ultimate summer treat and will satisfy your sweet tooth cravings in a jiffy!
Want to learn how to make these delicious Strawberry Popsicles? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What are Strawberry Popsicles?
- What Makes These Strawberry Popsicles Special?
- Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead of Fresh for This Recipe?
- Can I Use Another Fruit Instead of Strawberries for These Popsicles?
- Can I Double This Recipe for Strawberry Popsicles?
- What Type of Mold Can I Use for These Popsicles?
- How Long Does It Take to Freeze These Popsicles?
- What You Need to Make Strawberry Popsicles at Home
- How to Make Strawberry Popsicles (Step-by-Step)
- How to Unmold Homemade Popsicles
- How to Store Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
- Try Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Recipe Card
- Perfect Strawberry Popsicles Recipe (10 Minutes Prep Time!)
What are Strawberry Popsicles?
Popsicles are those delicious, sweet treats we used to have as kids on hot summer days which are essentially delicious fruit-flavored juice or liquid that’s frozen in molds with sticks.
It’s the perfect summer treat and tastes absolutely incredible! I’m yet to meet anyone that hasn’t had one as a kid or who doesn’t like them! They’re truly universal favorites that are so versatile and delicious!
The ones I’m sharing with you today are homemade, healthy, and fresh Strawberry Popsicles that are packed with flavor in each and every bite!
What Makes These Strawberry Popsicles Special?
These Strawberry Popsicles have got to be the most special ones out there! They are free of any kind of refined sugar which makes them not only healthy, but it also helps bring out the natural flavor of the fresh strawberries!
Since these popsicles aren’t overly sweetened with sugar, you can truly taste the flavor of strawberries in each bite and it lets strawberries be the star ingredient of the recipe as they should be.
There are also no artificial food coloring or dyes in these popsicles, and the beautiful red color you see here in the pictures is just the beautiful strawberries shining through!
This is what makes them so perfect to serve to kids because they are natural and absolutely delicious! Plus, they’re a great and healthy alternative to ice cream for those hot summer days.
These popsicles are also budget-friendly as you can usually find strawberries on sale during the summer really easily! And they’ll definitely cost a lot less to make than buying store-bought, unhealthy ones. They’re also a fun activity to involve your kids in, and it takes only 10 minutes to put them together!
This recipe is truly beautiful, and gives perfect results every single time!
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries Instead of Fresh for This Recipe?
You can definitely use frozen ones instead of fresh!
When strawberries aren't in season, frozen berries are a great alternative! You may use whole strawberries or sliced strawberries.
I like sliced ones since they defrost faster and mix easily, but either would work great for this recipe.
Can I Use Another Fruit Instead of Strawberries for These Popsicles?
Absolutely! A bunch of different fruits works really well for this recipe. Some great ideas to try include:
Can I Double This Recipe for Strawberry Popsicles?
This recipe yields 10 popsicles, but you can definitely double it if you want more or are freezing them in advance for later (more on that at the end of the post!).
All you need to do is make sure to keep the proportions the same when doubling the recipe so that you have delicious and tasty ones every single time!
What Type of Mold Can I Use for These Popsicles?
I love my popsicle mold because of its iconic shape. This is the Reusable Frozen Ice Pop Maker that I personally use and recommend.
If you don't have a mold, you may easily use paper Dixie cups, which are available with paper plates in stores. Wrap the tops with foil and poke a tiny hole in the center to keep the sticks in place.
How Long Does It Take to Freeze These Popsicles?
From experience, I’ve found that it takes a minimum of 6 hours to freeze these popsicles but for perfect results wait up to 12 hours.
This will make sure they’re frozen all the way through, and the inside isn’t juicy which will make them drip all over when you’re having them.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Popsicles at Home
All you need are four simple ingredients to make these delicious Strawberry Popsicles at home today. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Strawberries: This is definitely the star ingredient of this recipe. I recommend using fresh strawberries if they are in season. Personally, I’ve used homegrown strawberries. You can also use frozen ones if those are more readily available to you.
- Water: We’ll be using water for the perfect consistency and to help us blend all the ingredients well together.
- Organic maple syrup: This adds the perfect level of sweetness to our Strawberry Popsicles and enhances the flavor of the strawberries without taking away from them. You can alternatively also use honey if you prefer the flavor of that more.
- Nut milk: We’ll be using some nut milk to make our popsicles lightly creamy and so that they freeze really well. This is the secret ingredient you should use that allows you to not use sugar but still get the perfect texture once the popsicles have frozen. You can also substitute nut milk with regular organic 1% milk and add ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract for this recipe.
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles (Step-by-Step)
Let’s first start by prepping our strawberries! Start by rinsing and removing the stems of your strawberries.
Next, add strawberries into a Blendtec blender, then add water, maple syrup, and nut milk. As I mentioned above, you can substitute nut milk with regular organic 1% milk and add ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract.
Now blend everything together for 2 minutes (or press the smoothie cycle twice on Blendtec blender).
Finally, pour the mixture into each popsicle mold. Cover the ice pop maker with its cap, inserts wooden sticks into each popsicle opening, and place it in the freezer for 12 hours.
After the popsicles are frozen, remove them from the freezer, let them stand on the countertop for a few minutes. After that, remove the popsicle from the mold and serve right away. I have other tips and tricks on how to unmold popsicles in the next section.
Your Strawberry Popsicles are ready to serve and enjoy on a hot summer day!
How to Unmold Homemade Popsicles
You can first try leaving them on the kitchen counter for a few minutes which should allow you to remove them with ease. If they still won’t budge there are a few ways to go about them.
The first method is to run each mold under lukewarm water for a minute or so, just make sure the water is not hot or your popsicles will melt. And be careful to not let water inside the mold!
After one minute under running water, remove the popsicles from their molds carefully. If they still won't let go, run it under water again. If you force them out, your pops may break.
Alternatively, fill a large deep container halfway with water and dip the entire mold (except the tops!) for 30-60 seconds before removing. This method is useful if you're unmolding a large number of pops at once.
How to Store Homemade Strawberry Popsicles
Once the popsicles have been unmolded, arrange them in a single layer on wax or parchment paper and store them in a freezer-safe airtight container for short-term storage. I recommend having them within a week if you choose to store them this way.
If you want the popsicles to last longer, wrap each one in plastic wrap before placing it in a freezer bag or container. I recommend having them within one month if you choose to store them this way.
Try Delicious Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy Avocado Spinach Blueberry Smoothie
- Avocado Spinach and Strawberry Smoothie
- Berry Spinach Smoothie in a Jar
- Healthy Berry Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
Perfect Strawberry Popsicles Recipe (10 Minutes Prep Time!)
Strawberry Popsicles Ingredients
- 1 lb. – frozen or frozen strawberries
- ½ cup – water
- ¼ cup – organic maple syrup
- ¾ cup – nut milk
How to Make Strawberry Popsicles
- Let’s first start by prepping our strawberries! Start by rinsing and removing the stems of your strawberries.
- Next, add strawberries into a Blendtec blender, then add water, maple syrup, and nut milk. As I mentioned above, you can substitute nut milk with regular organic 1% milk and add ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract.
- Now blend everything together for 2 minutes (or press the smoothie cycle twice on Blendtec blender).
- Finally, pour the mixture into each popsicle mold. Cover the ice pop maker with its cap, inserts wooden sticks into each popsicle opening, and place it in the freezer for 12 hours.
- After the popsicles are frozen, remove them from the freezer, let them stand on the countertop for a few minutes. After that, remove the popsicle from the mold and serve right away.
- Your Strawberry Popsicles are ready to serve and enjoy on a hot summer day!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!