How do you get a child to eat broccoli? Why, put it in cheese, of course! If you like Panera's Broccoli and Cheddar soup, then you will love this one for sure. A favorite flavor already made even better. Restaurant-style recipes made at home from scratch tastes so much better and this soup proves it!
What is there not to like about this creamy, full of flavor, loaded with vegetables, and easy to make a delicious bowl of soup? It so smooth, satisfying, and best of all, quick! Literally, this soup can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Soup in general, is my go-to comfort food, especially during this time of year. A nice, steamy bowl of soup is the perfect remedy for the cold days. If you love soup as well, see many more scrumptious recipes in my soup section. You can enjoy it for lunch or dinner EVERY SINGLE DAY! May you stay warm, and your tummy full. 😉
Rinse chop onion, and garlic. Cut broccoli into florets. Grate the carrots. Shred the cheese, cover with a plastic food wrap and set all of these prepared ingredients aside.
WATCH A VIDEO BELOW ON HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR SOUP RECIPE
Also, you can watch this recipe video on my YouTube channel HERE. If you enjoyed this video give me a big thumbs up, and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel, be sure to click the Bell icon so you can be the first to know of a new video release!
Easy Broccoli and Cheddar Soup (Video)
- 1 tbsp. – unsalted butter
- 1 x-large – garlic clove (I used homegrown, you’ll need 2-3 store bough size)
- 1 small – yellow onion (I used homegrown weighing 3 oz.)
- 2 tbsp. – unsalted butter (for cooking flour)
- ¼ cup or 32 g – organic all-purpose flour
- 2 cups or 473 ml – organic half & half
- 3 ½ cups or 828 g – water
- 1 tsp. – Mrs. Dash Seasoning
- ½ tsp. – sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. – cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. – black ground pepper (optional, if you like the soup spicier)
- 1 tbsp. – organic chicken bouillon
- 3 cups or 225 g – broccoli florets (I used organic and it makes a huge difference in taste)
- 2 cups or 5 oz./150 g – grated carrots
- 3 cups or 8 oz./ 225 g – sharp cheddar cheese
- Rinse chop onion, and garlic. Cut broccoli into florets. Grate the carrots. Shred the cheese, cover with a plastic food wrap and set all of these prepared ingredients aside.
- Preheat a small skillet on high temperature and then add 1 tbsp. of butter. As soon as the butter melts add finely chopped garlic. Sautee for a minute or until the garlic is toasted. Then add chopped onion. Sautee for a couple of minutes or until light golden in color mixing from time to time at high temperature.
- Preheat medium pot on high heat (do not overheat, otherwise the butter will burn from a pot being overheated pot). Add 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter. As soon as the butter melts add ¼ cup of sifted flour and stir until absorbed with butter and cooked for about 10 seconds.
- Add half & half and water. Bring this mixture to a boil stirring constantly to prevent from the flour settles to the bottom of the pot and then burning.
- As soon as it boils reduce the heat to low/med and mix in grated carrots, then add all the spices: Mrs. Dash Seasoning, sea salt, cayenne pepper, ground black pepper (optional, adding it will make the soup a bit spicier), chicken bouillon paste, and sauteed garlic and onion. Stir everything together and let it simmer for 10 minutes stirring every minute or so.
- Mix in broccoli florets and let it simmer additional 8 minutes stirring and scraping the bottom of a pot using a flat spatula.
- Finally, mix in shredded cheese (it has to be sharp for the best cheddar taste). As soon as it comes to a boil, remove from the stove and let the soup cool a bit before serving.
- I love to serve this soup with Dark Rye bread toasts. (Slice bread spread a thin layer of salted butter on each slice of the bread, and then broil on high in the oven for a minute or so. Be sure to stand by at all time not to burn the toasts as it toasts pretty fast!!!)
If you make this Easy Broccoli and Cheddar Soup (Video) Recipe please share a picture with me on Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag with #valyastasteofhome. I’d love to see your creations! ????
Love This Recipe? Please Save and Share on Pinterest!
Looking for more soup recipes? Be sure to try these out:
Instant Pot Chicken Split Pea Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetable Beef and Bean Soup Recipe
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
The Best Zuppa Toscana Soup with Homemade Sausage
Red Borscht Soup Recipe
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Kitchen items I used in making this recipe:
(If you need any of these items, simply click on the picture to order. Thank you for your support!)