If you love Caesar Salad then you'll know that the dressing is where all the magic happens. And this Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe is going to give you the most authentic flavors with pantry staple ingredients for a delicious dressing you're going to fall in love with!
This dressing recipe is creamy, has the perfect umami flavor, and will help you achieve that classic caesar salad flavor that I'm sure you've been craving! What's best is that this homemade caesar salad dressing recipe is incredibly easy to make, which makes it perfect for just about anyone even first-time cooks!
The perfect Caesar Salad Dressing is key to getting that classic flavor. It's what I use to make my homemade caesar salad recipe and it works perfectly with all the ingredients to give you an irresistible salad that's full of healthy ingredients! You're definitely going to fall in love with this one.
Want to learn how to make this Caesar Salad Dressing recipe? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is a Caesar Salad Dressing?
- What Makes This Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe Special?
- What You Need to Make Caesar Salad Dressing at Home
- How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing (Step-by-Step)
- How to Store Leftover Caesar Salad Dressing
- More Condimet Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- The Perfect Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe (Classic Flavors!)
What is a Caesar Salad Dressing?
A Caesar Salad Dressing is a delicious dressing that combines classic flavors by using ingredients such as Parmesan cheese, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
It is creamy and has a savory flavor that pairs perfectly with the crunchy romaine lettuce in the Caesar Salad. The dressing is what gives the salad its signature flavor and texture.
Many people add anchovy fillets or anchovy paste to make their sauce as well as raw eggs or egg yolk, but that wasn't part of the original recipe! Interestingly this recipe originated in Tijuana in Northern Mexico when chef Caesar Cardini used leftover ingredients to create a new salad recipe and served it tableside to his customers.
Since then, the recipe became popular in LA and spread throughout the United States to become the mega-popular salad it is today. This Caesar Salad Dressing recipe perfectly captures those flavors in an authentic and delicious way.
What Makes This Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe Special?
This Caesar Salad Dressing recipe combines authentic flavors with pantry staple ingredients to give you the most delicious dressing you've ever had! It will truly add a new spin to your salad. Plus, this homemade version is a lot healthier than store-bought dressing and is lower in calories too!
You'll be incredibly happy to know is that you don't even need a food processor or blender to make this! Only a bowl and a hand whisk or hand blender and you're good to go!
What's best is that it's incredibly versatile too! It works great as a dip for vegetables, salad wraps, chicken strips, or whatever else you like to dunk into this delicious Caesar Dressing. It will make you fall in love with salads in general and help you come up with different salad recipes of your own.
If you want classic flavors though, check out my Caesar Salad Recipe and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Skip the bacon and chicken strips for a vegetarian salad or add everything to make it filling and satisfying.
You can even add some croutons by chopping a baguette into bite-sized pieces, coating it with garlic and olive oil, and then placing them on a baking sheet in the oven. It truly brings it all together. Croutons are also great if you just dunk them in this dressing, yum!
Regardless of how you choose to have this caesar salad dressing, you're going to absolutely love it!
What You Need to Make Caesar Salad Dressing at Home
All you need are some simple and pantry-staple ingredients to make this delicious Caesar salad dressing at home. Here's everything you'll need:
- Homemade mayonnaise: For that creamy texture, we'll be using some homemade mayonnaise in your dressing recipe! It helps to make sure that the dressing is perfectly emulsified and coats all the ingredients of the salad beautifully.
- Greek yogurt: To give the dressing a healthy flavor and perfect consistency, we'll also be using some Greek yogurt in our recipe.
- Lemon juice: You'll also need a tablespoon lemon juice to get that tangy flavor that this tasty dressing is known for.
- Dijon mustard: This is a classic flavor that makes the dressing come together beautifully and really adds that authentic taste. We'll be using a teaspoon Dijon mustard for this recipe.
- Salt and pepper: You'll also need some black pepper and salt to perfectly season the dressing so that all the flavors come out perfectly.
- Parmesan cheese: This is another important ingredient that the original recipe Caesar Cardini made also had and truly gives the salad dressing that authentic flavor that we've all come to love.
- Romano cheese: I've also included Romano cheese in this dressing recipe because the bold, nutty, tangy flavor truly makes everything come together and really gives it that modern, classic flavor that we have in restaurants every time!
- Garlic: You'll also need some pressed garlic clove to add a garlic flavor so that it pops and tastes delicious.
- Worcestershire sauce: Instead of anchovies, the original recipe also used Worcestershire sauce for that classic umami flavor! It really makes this dressing come together and taste absolutely incredible. We'll be using half a teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in this recipe.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing (Step-by-Step)
Making this delicious dressing at home is incredibly easy! Here's everything you need to do step by step to make it at home:
Start by combining mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and black ground pepper in a large bowl.
Then mix it all with a hand mixer just until combined.
Finally, add Parmesan, Romano cheese, pressed garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to this mixture.
Whisk once more for a minute or so until it all comes together and is well combined.
How to Store Leftover Caesar Salad Dressing
You can store this homemade Caesar Salad Dressing in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. It tastes absolutely incredible and gets even better.
I don't recommend freezing the dressing as when thawing it'll break the emulsion and make the texture all running and different.
Great for dipping! Enjoy!
More Condimet Recipes You'll Love
- 4-Ingredient Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
- The Best Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe
- Homemade Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- Simple Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing
The Perfect Caesar Salad Dressing Recipe (Classic Flavors!)
- 1 cup – homemade mayonnaise
- 1 cup – Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1 tbsp. – freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp. – Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. – sea salt
- ¼ tsp. – black ground pepper
- ½ cup – freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup – freshly grated Romano cheese
- ½ tsp. – Worcestershire sauce
- 1 - drop pf pressed garlic clove
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing
- Start by combining mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, sea salt, and black ground pepper in a large bowl.
- Then mix it all with a hand mixer just until combined.
- Finally, add Parmesan, Romano cheese, pressed garlic, and Worcestershire sauce to this mixture.
- Whisk once more for a minute or so until it all comes together and is well combined.
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
This recipe was originally posted on July 19, 2017 (original picture below), and updated for a better user experience. The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.
Do you also add fresh pressed garlic to the dressing? It is pictured on the photo, but not on the ingredient list.
I made this recipe without the garlic, and it was good. Then I went back and looked over it and noticed the garlic in the picture.
Valya of Valya's Taste of Home says
I'm so sorry for the mistake. It's all corrected now. I'm surprised no one noticed that in the past year as this recipe has been published. Thank you so much for your feedback. And I'm glad you liked the clean version of this recipe. 🙂
This is the BEST ceasar/ranch dressing ever! And all real, simple, good ingredients! What a wondeeful recipe!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this, ValyasTasteofHome!!! God bless you!!!
Valya of Valya's Taste of Home says
Aww... this is one amazing review! Yes, it certainly is one of those products that is very convenient to grab off the shelf at a grocery store, but not everyone realizes how easy to make this at home with simple ingredient resulting in a clean product. I'm glad you like it as well! And thank you kindly for sharing your experience with me!
D. Evans says
Totally yummy. Add some anxhovy paste and it kicks it out of the park!
Thank you! Yes, anchovy paste is a great addition to this recipe for people who loves fish.
Thanks for sharing! Do you by any chance know, how long can it last being refregerated?
The salad can be stored in the fridge with out dressing for up to 6 hrs. With dressing it has to be served emediatly, since it will water. Thanks for such an awesome question! 🙂
Sorry, I meant to say how long can dressing last in refrigerator and how can it be stored? Will just mason jar work? Thnx sweetie!
You can store it in any glass ranch bottle or in a glass mason jar for up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Great question! I hope this clarifies a little bit more and thanks for your comment!!!
Perfection! Thank you for the recipe, I enjoy your blog!
Thank you for kind words Michelle! You totally made my day! ?
I totally agree, homemade depressing makes huge difference in salads. I will be trying your version soon. Thank you for the recipe Valya!
Thank you kindly Linda! Enjoy!
I have to give this dressing a try. I love caeser salads. Thank you for sharing your recipes with us!
I know what you mean! I love Caesar salads as well, homemade depressing makes the salad taste even better. You are very welcome Masha, enjoy!!!
I agree, best dressing makes best salads. Thanks for the recipe!
You are very welcome! Enjoy! ?