Making pizza sauce at home couldn’t be any easier! It’s even faster than running to the grocery store and much healthier. The taste of the two can’t be compared!
This homemade pizza sauce is very close to the taste of the one that I previously bought from the store. The Ragu brand. Store bought sauce has some additive ingredients that made me feel unsettled when serving to my family. We also tried some natural and organic brands, but they had tomato chunks that kids didn’t like, and it just didn’t get accepted in place of the smooth pizza sauce my family was used to.
… I was out of pizza sauce and kids suggested I make it. So, I basically combined all the ingredients in this recipe, and then made pizza for the kids using this homemade pizza sauce. And guess what? They didn’t even notice a difference from Ragu! Just said how tasty the pizza was. So, since then I’ve never bought pizza sauce from the grocery store!
Today I’d like to share this recipe with you so that you may easily make it at home for yourself. Home-fresh, tasty, and without the unwanted additives and chemicals. If you wanted to make the pizza sauce even cleaner and optimally healthier, use ripe homegrown tomatoes. Sometime in the future, I will also share great recipes on making fantastic homemade tomato sauce and how to can your own pizza sauce. So you may always have it on hand. Making pizza sauce is super easy. I’m so glad to have one less product to reach for on grocery store shelves. Stay tuned for more!
1. Transfer tomato sauce into a glass jar. Add dry seasoning: organic Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sea salt.
2. Stir all together until well combined. Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes for the flavors to soak in. That’s it!
3. It’s all ready for use. Store in the fridge for a week covered with a lid.
- 1 can 15 oz or 425g – organic tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. – organic Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. – garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. – sea salt
- Transfer tomato sauce into a glass jar. Add dry seasoning: organic Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Stir all together until well combined. Let it sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes for the flavors to soak in. That’s it! It’s all ready for use.
- Store in the fridge for a week covered with a lid.
Now, make homemade pizza dough and give this delicious homemade pizza sacue a try!
I use Pizza Sauce in some of these recipes:
Check out these easy recipes you can make at home:
Easy 4 Ingredients Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing Recipe
The Best Homemade Caesar Dressing Recipe
Homemade Creamy Alfredo Sauce Recipe
Easy Homemade Italian Bread Crumbs Recipe
Kitchen items I used in making this recipe:
(If you need any of these items, simply click on the picture to order. Thank you for your support!)