This delicious Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing will give you the sweet and tart flavor of balsamic vinaigrette, with the perfect ratio of olive oil and ingredients such as salt, pepper, and garlic for the best dressing ever. Plus, this recipe uses a secret ingredient that'll give your dressing the perfect creamy texture and consistency!
Making your own balsamic vinaigrette dressing is a great way to add flavor and nutrition to your meals. Not only is it easy to make, but you can also customize the ingredients to fit your tastes.
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing is a classic Italian condiment that combines the tartness of balsamic vinegar with the sweetness of olive oil and other seasonings. It's perfect for salads, marinades, and more! With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing in no time.
What's best is that it's way healthier than store-bought versions, and is absolutely effortless to make at home. It's an ideal dressing to drizzle on different kinds of fruits or veggies for any season or holiday.
This is a classic recipe that'll give you perfect flavors and I'm sure you're going to absolutely love it!
Want to learn how to make your own Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is a Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing?
- What Makes This Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe Special?
- What are Some Ways to Use This Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing?
- What You Need to Make Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing at Home
- How to Make Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Step-by-Step)
- Tips for Making the Best Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ever
- How to Store Leftover Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- More Homemade Condiment Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- Classic Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
What is a Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing?
Balsamic vinaigrette dressing is a classic and popular salad dressing made from balsamic vinegar, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. It is a simple yet flavorful combination that adds a delicious tangy flavor to any salad.
Balsamic vinegar is made from grapes that are cooked down into a syrup-like consistency and then aged in wooden barrels for up to 12 years or more. This process gives the vinegar a sweet and tart flavor that pairs perfectly with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
The vinaigrette combines the delicious flavor of balsamic vinegar with ingredients such as mayonnaise, minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper for a combination that goes well with just about any salad, and can even be used on chicken and other meats. I'm sure you're going to absolutely love it!
What Makes This Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe Special?
This delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette recipe is special for so many reasons! Here are some of the top ones:
Easy: What makes this homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe special is that it only requires a few simple ingredients and can be made in minutes. You don't even need a blender or food processor to make it!
Better than store-bought: It also has a much fresher and healthier taste than store-bought dressings, as you can control the amount of salt, pepper, and other ingredients used.
Customizable: This dressing is incredibly flavorful and can easily be customized to your liking by adding more or less salt, pepper, and honey or maple syrup.
Flavorful: Additionally, the combination of balsamic vinegar and olive oil creates a delicious balance of sweet and tangy flavors.
Versatile: This homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing is incredibly versatile and can be used on a variety of salads, vegetables, fruits, and meats. It's also great for marinating chicken or other proteins before grilling or baking.
What are Some Ways to Use This Homemade Vinaigrette Dressing?
This delicious balsamic Vinaigrette dressing is incredibly versatile and is perfect drizzled on top of some cold salads loaded with fresh greens and veggies, or a simple spinach salad as well! You can even try it on top of a fresh cucumber tomato salad for the perfect savory flavor.
It goes well with fruit salads too, and you can even drizzle it on top of fruits like watermelon, strawberries, or other berries for a delicious savory and sweet treat! Try it with some chicken in a wrap, or use it as a marinade for your favorite meat or steaks.
It's truly a versatile and delicious dressing that can be used on a number of different ingredients and dishes. Whip up a batch of it and use it to elevate any salad or veggies to make them taste even better!
What You Need to Make Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing at Home
All you need are some basic, pantry-staple ingredients to make this delicious dressing in a matter of minutes! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Balsamic vinegar: First of all, we'll need some balsamic vinegar to make this delicious balsamic vinaigrette dressing recipe. Balsamic vinegar is made from grapes that are cooked down into a syrup-like consistency and then aged in wooden barrels for up to 12 years or more.
- Olive oil: We'll also need some extra virgin olive oil to create that perfect vinaigrette. The standard ratio for vinaigrettes is three parts oil to one part vinegar and that's what we'll use in our recipe. But it's flexible and you can make the dressing more tart if you like.
- Salt and pepper: You'll also need some salt and black pepper to season the dressing to just the right level which will bring out all the flavors.
- Mayonnaise: This is my secret ingredient since it adds a delicious creaminess to the vinaigrette and takes the dressing to the next level!
- Garlic: You'll also need some minced garlic to enhance the flavor of the balsamic vinaigrette and balance out all the flavors which will make this dressing incredibly versatile.
How to Make Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (Step-by-Step)
Making this delicious homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing is incredibly easy. Here's what you need to do to make it at home step by step:
Start by combining olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a glass bottle or a jar that has a lid.
Next, add ground black pepper, salt, minced garlic, and mayonnaise. I've used homemade mayonnaise for the best results.
Whisk the ingredients together till they're all well combined.
Tips for Making the Best Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Ever
- Make sure to use high-quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar for the best flavor.
- You can also add a teaspoon of honey or maple syrup to sweeten the dressing.
- If you want a creamier dressing, add more mayonnaise.
- For an extra kick, add some freshly chopped herbs like oregano, basil, or parsley.
- You can also add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese for a delicious twist.
How to Store Leftover Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
You can store this homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Just give it a good shake before serving or using in any recipe.
More Homemade Condiment Recipes You'll Love
Classic Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- ¾ cup – extra light Olive oil
- ¼ cup – organic Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ tsp. – sea salt
- ¼ - black ground pepper
- ½ tbsp. – mayonnaise (I used homemade mayonnaise)
- ½ tsp. or 1 extra-large – shredded garlic
How to Make Homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- Start by combining olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a glass bottle or a jar that has a lid.
- Next, add ground black pepper, salt, minced garlic, and mayonnaise. I've used homemade mayonnaise for the best results.
- Whisk the ingredients together till they're all well combined.
This recipe was originally posted on January 10, 2019 (original picture below), and updated for a better user experience. The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.