This easy to make Strawberry Lemonade recipe is refreshing and the perfect summer drink! It tastes absolutely incredible in every sip and is packed with vitamins too!
Strawberry Lemonade is the perfect treat for kids during the summer to stay hydrated and healthy. It’s my kids’ favorite drink to have by the pool during their summer holidays.
It’s made using freshly squeezed lemon juice and blended strawberries. It tastes a hundred times better than any powdered drink, crystal light, or even tang. Once you try it, you won’t be able to stop making it at home.
Want to learn how to make this delicious Strawberry Lemonade? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is Strawberry Lemonade?
- Can You Use Frozen Strawberries to Make Strawberry Lemonade?
- What You Need to Make Strawberry Lemonade at Home
- How to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Flavor Variation Ideas for Strawberry Lemonade
- How to Store Strawberry Lemonade
- Similar Beverage Recipes
- Recipe Card
What is Strawberry Lemonade?
Strawberry lemonade is a delicious mix of classic lemonade and strawberry puree to make the tastiest flavored lemonade ever!
It’s the perfect summer drink that kids and adults both seem to absolutely love! Not only does it look pretty and refreshing, but it’s also great for you and is packed with nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants, especially vitamin c!
Strawberry lemonade is a classic drink that doesn’t take long to make but is great for the family or for serving guests. It’s made using freshly squeezed lemons for the perfect flavor.
It’s such an easy recipe to make that you don’t even need to make a simple syrup for it. Everything is done off the heat to give you the best flavor ever!
This particular recipe was created by my fourth oldest daughter, Victoria who made it for a homework assignment for her school's blog a while back. It was well-liked, and after trying it I decided to share it here on her suggestion!
It’s an incredibly simple recipe that will give you a delicious, fresh flavor that’s perfect for a hot, summer day. I’m sure you’re going to love it!
Can You Use Frozen Strawberries to Make Strawberry Lemonade?
If strawberries aren’t in season, you can definitely make this Strawberry Lemonade using frozen strawberries. Make sure to thaw them thoroughly and then use them for this recipe.
But the one thing you should never use is store-bought lemonade. It won’t give you the flavor freshly squeezed lemons do and so I recommend making fresh homemade lemonade as I show in this recipe.
What You Need to Make Strawberry Lemonade at Home
This fresh Strawberry Lemonade recipe is easy to make and only takes 4 ingredients (including cups of water!). Here’s everything you’ll need to make it at home:
- Lemons: You’ll need some large fresh lemons for this recipe. We’ll squeeze them to make some homemade lemonade to use in this drink. I highly recommend always using fresh lemons instead of store-bought lemon juice as it won’t give you the right flavor.
- Strawberries: We’ll use some fresh strawberries to sweeten and flavor this delicious summer drink! I’ve used homegrown strawberries to make this recipe. You can also use frozen strawberries but make sure to thaw them first. I recommend going for fresh ones whenever possible for the best flavor!
- Sugar: We’ll be using some granulated sugar to sweeten the lemonade and give you the right level of sweetness. You can also use Monkfruit sweetener to make a low-carb drink instead. I have other sweetener options in the post down below.
- Water: We’ll be using 6 cups of cold water to make this lemonade, which is approximately 1.4 liters.
How to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
Making this easy homemade Strawberry Lemonade at home is easier than you think. Here’s how to make it step by step:
Start by combining ¾ cup sugar and 6 cups water in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar dissolves and there are no granules left. Next, add freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice to the sugar water mixture. Stir to combine well.
Next, blend strawberries in a blender or food processor. Strain this strawberry puree through a strain into the lemonade. This step will help get rid of seeds and excess pulp.
Stir it well so that the strawberry juice incorporates properly with the lemonade.
Next, add sliced lemons and strawberries to your lemonade. Chill your Strawberry Lemonade for a couple of hours and serve it fresh.
Flavor Variation Ideas for Strawberry Lemonade
This Strawberry Lemonade has the most delicious, perfect flavor ever! It’s incredibly tasty as is, but if you want to change it up a bit here are some great flavor variations:
Make a limeade: You can also make a strawberry limeade instead if you have limes laying around at home instead of lemons.
Turn into a cocktail: Another option is to make a cocktail by adding alcohol of your choice. You can go with tequila, rum, vodka, or even flavored gin.
Garnishes: This delicious homemade strawberry lemonade goes great with lemon slices as a garnish or a sprig of mint.
Other sweeteners: Instead of using, you can also use Monkfruit sweetener for a low-carb and low-calorie option. Other natural sweetener options include maple syrup, honey, and agave nectar.
How to Store Strawberry Lemonade
You can store your leftover lemonade in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days. Make sure to give it a quick stir before pouring. It’s great to make a night before you want to serve it so that it has plenty of time to chill in the fridge.
You can even freeze it by pouring it into freezer bags and freezing it for up to 5 months. But since it’s so easy to prepare, I recommend making it fresh. You can also freeze the pureed strawberries for up to 3 days.
Similar Beverage Recipes
- Avocado Spinach and Strawberry Smoothie
- Apple Kvass
- Cherry Kisel Recipe
- Berry Flavored Water
- Strawberry Vanilla Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Strawberry Italian Soda
Need more drinks? Check all drinks recipes HERE.
Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade (Made from Scratch!)
Natural Strawberry Lemonade Recipe Ingredients
- 8 large - organic fresh lemons
- 1 lb. – homegrown fresh strawberries (or store-bought organic strawberries)
- ¾ cup – organic sugar (or Monkfruit sweetener to make a low carb drink)
- 6 cups – cold water
How to Make Easy Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
- Making this easy homemade Strawberry Lemonade at home is easier than you think. Here’s how to make it step by step:
- Start by combining ¾ cup sugar and 6 cups water in a large pitcher. Stir until sugar dissolves and there are no granules left. Next, add freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice to the sugar water mixture. Stir to combine well.
- Next, blend strawberries in a blender or food processor. Strain this strawberry puree through a strain into the lemonade. This step will help get rid of seeds and excess pulp.
- Stir it well so that the strawberry juice incorporates properly with the lemonade.
- Next, add sliced lemons and strawberries to your lemonade. Chill your Strawberry Lemonade for a couple of hours and serve it fresh.