What can be better than sushi? Dessert sushi, folks! These Easy Banana Nutella Sushi Rolls require no baking and comes together in no time! Banana rolled in a honey tortilla, spread with Nutella, coated with coconut shaving make the best snack, and you’ve got an irresistibly legit pleaser on your hands. Sushi’s better half!
You don’t have to end your sushi experience with rice and fish, but finish off your meal with the next best thing. Children just as much as adults get those snack attacks, and it's handy to have some on hand for a tasty treat. Especially when they get home from school, and bring mommy another award or a perfect score.
Oh, but how delicious they are! Who can resist? Dessert sushi is such treat, my kids are in love with this stuff. Portion control is a must, or the whole batch is gone in seconds. Treat your kiddos today with this delicious snack!
Banana Nutella Sushi Rolls Ingredients
Honey Wheat Flatbread - I used wheat flatbread for this dessert sushi recipe, but you may use regular flatbread or regular tortilla. This kind of flatbread is best for this recipe and you can find it in the bread aisle at Walmart.
Nutella - You may use any spread of your choice like Hershey chocolate spread, peanut butter, jam, etc...
Bananas - Large and straight bananas work best for this recipe as it easy to roll without bending into a circle shape.
Coconut Shavings - I prefer to use unsweetened coconut since Nutella is already pretty sweet. Also, I like to process coconut shavings in the food processor so the shavings are smaller in shape representing sushi rice.
Banana Nutella Sushi Rolls Instructions
Spread tortilla with a thin layer of Nutella. Peel banana and place on top of the Nutella coating. Roll tortillas tightly around the banana.
Coat half of the roll and place coated roll into coconut shavings. Next, coat the other side of the sushi roll and coat with coconut. Roll the roll back and forth into the coconut shaving.
Slice each roll into half-inch pieces like sushi.
Serve and enjoy!
Easy Banana Nutella Sushi Rolls
- 5 square – honey wheat flatbread or tortilla
- 5 large – organic bananas
- Unsweetened coconut shavings
- Spread tortilla with a thin layer of Nutella. Peel banana and place on top of the Nutella coating. Roll tortillas tightly around the banana.
- Coat half of the roll and place coated roll into coconut shavings. Next, coat the other side of the sushi roll and coat with coconut. Roll the roll back and forth into the coconut shaving.
- Slice each roll into half inch pieces like a sushi.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for more Snack recipes? Try these out:
- Apple Peanut Butter and Granola Snacks
- Chocolate Cranberry Granola Clusters
- Peanut butter and Jelly Hotdog Snack
- Turkey Pinwheel Appetizers
- Caramel Corn Snack
- Mini Toasted Sandwiches
Kitchen items I used in making this recipe:
(If you need any of these items, simply click on the picture to order. These are Amazon affiliate links. That means when you click on the picture link and make a purchase I make a small commission. Your cost for the purchase does not change. Thank you for your support!)