This simple Lemon Pepper Crispy Shrimp Recipe makes a great tasting appetizer or even a meal, and they're so easy to prepare. Most of the time I use fresh shrimp. Fresh is always best.
This time I had some ready-cooked shrimp in my freezer, it still turns out great. If you are going to use fresh shrimp then peel and devein the shrimp before dipping.
After frying the shrimp serve it crispy with your favorite sauce. The golden shrimp crust is just glorious, I can’t say enough good things about this perfectly indulgent delight! You'll just have to try it for yourself.
- 1 lb. – shrimp
- ½ tsp. – Lemon pepper seasoning
- ¼ tsp. salt + ⅛ for egg mix
- 1 extra large – egg or 2 medium
- ½ cup – flour
- 1 cup – Progresso Italian style bread crumbs
- Olive oil for frying
- Wash and drain shrimps. Add lemon pepper and salt. Shake the shrimp in the plate so the seasoning can cover the shrimp.
- Add egg into a small bowl, add salt and then beat the egg and salt together well.
- Cover the shrimp with flour. Shake off excess of flour. Dip the floured shrimp into egg mix. Then coat with Italian style crumbs. Place it onto a plate until ready to fry.
- Pour one quart of oil into a small sauce pan. Heat oil on low/med heat for few minutes. Drop shrimp one by one (to avoid splashing touch the oil and then drop).
- Fry it for 2 minutes (if using raw shrimp, fry it for 5 minutes). Remove from oil onto a plate lined with paper towel for extra oil absorption.
- Cool before serving. Enjoy them warm with your favorite sauce.
If you make this recipe please share the picture with me on facebook, instagram or pinterest. Tag it with #valyastasteofhome, I love seeing your creation. 🙂