Just as the Tropical Fruit Salad that I posted over a year ago on my blog, this version Winter Salad is delicious and irresistible, coated with my favorite citrus poppy seed dressing. What is there not to like about this scrumptious, fresh and beautiful winter salad that is loaded with nutrients and vitamins we all need to complete our daily fruit serving during cold weather months?
This salad is so easy to make and can be a great addition to your meal as a dessert or a healthy snack any time the day. The salad is not only beautiful and colorful, but it also loaded with all the goodness that no one will be able to resist. The serving is big enough to feed a good crowd, but if you need a smaller portion, divide the recipe ingredients by ¼. As far as fruit goes, the salad is just as fresh the next day, so if you have leftovers just keep it covered in the fridge. When it comes to a fruit salad I never have a leftover. That is how much my family loves it! So be sure to make this salad for upcoming Thanksgiving or Christmas and let’s eat healthy during holiday season too! 😉
2 large – Pomegranate
2 large – Pears
2 large – Persimmons
2 large – Honey Crisp apples
4 – Kiwis
6 – Mandarins
I used the same dressing as for Tropical Fruit Salad (except I used an orange instead of mandarin and raw honey for this recipe)
1 large – Orange
½ large – Lemon
¼ cup (60 ml) – raw honey
½ tsp. (1.25 ml) – poppy seeds
TIPS: I make the syrup first and keep it in the fridge until ready to use. Fruits like pear and apple start to brown fast so I dice them last.
1. Wash all the fruits. Peel, dice, or slice the fruits.
2. In a large bowl, combine all the fruit together.
3. Pour syrup over the fruit.
4. Carefully mix and toss the fruit to coat.
Serve right away or cover with an air-tight lid and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 2 large – Pomegranate
- 2 large – Pears
- 2 large – Persimmons
- 2 large – Honey Crisp apples
- 4 – Kiwis
- 6 – Mandarins
- Dressing Ingredients:
- I used the same dressing as for Tropical Fruit Salad (except I used an orange instead of mandarin and raw honey for this recipe)
- 1 large – Orange
- ½ large – Lemon
- ¼ cup (60 ml) – raw honey
- ½ tsp. (1.25 ml) – puppy seeds
- TIPS: I make the syrup first and keep it in the fridge until ready to use. Fruit like pear and apple start to brown fast so I dice them last.
- Wash all the fruit. Peel, dice, or slice fruit. In a large bowl, combine all the fruit together.
- Pour syrup over fruit.
- Carefully mix and toss the fruit to coat.
- Serve right away or cover with an air-tight lid and refrigerate until ready to serve.
If you make this Healthy Winter Fruit Salad recipe please share the picture with me on Snapchat, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag it with #valyastasteofhome, I’d love seeing your creation. 🙂
Need more healthy fruit desserts? Here are a few to choose from:
TROPICAL FRUIT SALAD
BERRY GREEK YOGURT GRANOLA PARFAIT
NO BAKE FARMERS CHEESE CHEESECAKE DESSERTS