This Grape Candy Salad is the most perfect combination of juicy grapes with a creamy, vanilla yogurt dressing that's not only delicious but also healthy for you and your kids!
It has a touch of sweet and sour, and is truly one of the best side dishes to sweeten up a picnic, backyard family gathering, potluck dinner, and any special occasion!
Since it combines fresh, healthy ingredients, you can treat your kids to some of this whenever you want without having to worry about feeding them unhealthy ingredients.
Every time I make this salad, it disappears in minutes! So get ready for a race of the children towards this delicious Grape Candy salad! I'm sure you and your family are going to fall in love with it!
Want to learn how to make this delicious Grape Candy Salad? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is a Grape Candy Salad?
- What Makes This Grape Candy Salad Recipe Special?
- What You Need to Make Grape Candy Salad at Home
- How to Make Grape Candy Salad (Step-by-Step)
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Grape Candy Salad
- How to Store Leftover Grape Candy Salad
- Similar Fruit Salad Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- The Best Grape Candy Salad (Deliciously Sweet Yet Healthy!)
What is a Grape Candy Salad?
A Grape Candy Salad is a delicious fruit salad mix of candy goodness with seedless grapes for a creamy, tasty salad combination that is almost like a salad and dessert in one making it the perfect snack.
Not only is it creamy, and incredibly delicious but the addition of grapes adds a healthy spin to it and a ton of health benefits! Grapes are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, and are even low in sodium!
But, unfortunately, many other recipes have so many unhealthy ingredients that it starts becoming more unhealthy than healthy. Balance is key! It's great to treat yourself sometimes, but balancing out everything is the most important thing to me as a mother.
I want my kids to enjoy flavors and have a great time, but to combine it in a way that is tasty but still healthy! A win-win situation in my opinion! I've included some fun variations towards the end of the post so you can indulge a bit and treat yourself if you want to add some other fun ingredients to it!
What Makes This Grape Candy Salad Recipe Special?
Kids' favorite: One of the best things about this salad is that it's kids-friendly and they always seem to love it! The flavor combination is as if it tastes like candy!
Simple and easy: It's also a simple and easy recipe to follow! I personally believe that delicious dishes don't have to be overly complicated, and that's why this one is the best grape candy salad recipe ever!
Packed with flavor: You're going to enjoy the flavor that's packed into every single bite! It's perfectly balanced and so good that you'll want to make it again and again!
Healthy: And if you want to make it again and again, you can since it's healthy too! This recipe includes simple yet delicious ingredients that are better than any other grape candy salad you'll ever try!
Versatile: But that doesn't mean you can't have a little fun with this recipe! It's the perfect base to customize it according to your preferences. I've included some fun variation ideas at the end of this post that you can check out!
What You Need to Make Grape Candy Salad at Home
All you need are some pantry-staple ingredients for the tastiest Grape Candy Salad ever! Here's what you'll need to make it at home:
Grapes for Grape Candy Salad:
- Green grapes: We'll be using three different types of grapes for the perfect combo, and the first one is seedless green grapes! I've used Cotton Candy grapes since they are a green seedless grape variety that have a distinct sweet aroma and scent that makes them smell like candy, literally!
- Red grapes: Next, we're going to use some red grapes for their beautiful flavor and color! Go for some red seedless grapes for the perfect texture.
- Black grapes: You'll also need some black seedless grapes to mix things up since they have the most antioxidants packed into them, making them a healthy, delicious powerhouse!
For Grape Candy Salad Dressing:
- Greek yogurt: We'll be using some plain greek yogurt as the base of our Grape Candy Salad's dressing, which makes it not only healthy but tasty too! Yogurt is packed with probiotics that are incredibly good for our gut health.
- Maple syrup: To sweeten our delicious dressing, we'll be using some maple syrup! Not only does it add a beautiful sweetness, but it's also a natural sweetener that makes it good for you!
- Vanilla extract: We'll also be using some vanilla extract that'll bring all the flavors together and make it taste even better!
- Heavy cream: For the perfect level of creaminess, we'll also be adding some heavy whipping cream with 40% fat for the ultimate, luxurious creamy texture that'll elevate your candy salad to the next level!
How to Make Grape Candy Salad (Step-by-Step)
Making this Grape Candy Salad is not only simple and easy but fun too! Involve your kids in the process if you'd like and they're going to enjoy it even more. Here's what you need to do step by step:
First, combine yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat until well combined. Then, add cold heavy cream and beat for about 30 seconds.
Make sure to not overbeat the cream, since it should be relatively running and not whipped up and thick. Set it aside until you're ready to use it.
Next, remove the grapes from the vines into a large bowl after rinsing them well, and use a paper towel to dry the grapes as much as possible before adding the dressing. This is because the wet grapes will dilute the dressing. You can, alternatively, let them air dry completely ahead of time.
Pour the dressing over the grapes, and mix it all well and fold it in until the grapes are perfectly coated. That's it! Your Grape Candy Salad is ready to be served!
A quick serving tip: set aside a portion for yourself if you want some because this will be your only chance before it is all gone!
Recipe Variation Ideas for Grape Candy Salad
This Grape Candy salad tastes like candy bars but is still healthy and absolutely perfect! But here are some fun variation ideas you can try to change things up:
Candy bars: You can sprinkle some crushed candy bars on top! Some great options include Butterfinger candy bars or Heath bars.
Nuts: Another great option is to top it up with some chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts!
How to Store Leftover Grape Candy Salad
For best results, coat the grapes with the salad dressing right before serving. If you want to chill your salad before serving, you can but make sure to store the grapes and dressing separately in the refrigerator. When it's time to serve, combine the two immediately before serving.
You can also store any leftovers you may have in an airtight container for up to 3 days. However, it may get watery so you'll have to adjust the dressing ingredients to get the right texture.
I don't recommend freezing them, since the water content in the grapes will change the consistency of the salad. It's so quick and easy to make that it's best if you make it the day you're going to serve it.
It's perfect for potlucks, parties, and when you want to treat your kids to something fun, tasty, yet healthy!
Similar Fruit Salad Recipes You'll Love
The Best Grape Candy Salad (Deliciously Sweet Yet Healthy!)
Creamy Grape Salad Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs. - Cotton Candy Organic Seedless Grapes
- 1.5 lbs. - Red Organic Seedless Grapes
- 1.5 lbs. - Black Organic Seedless Grapes
Grape Salad Dressing Ingredients
- ¾ cup - Organic Greek Yogurt Plain
- ¼ cup – Organic Maple Syrup
- ½ tsp. – pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup – Heavy Whipping Cream
- How to Make Grape Candy Salad
How to Make Grape Candy Salad
- Making this Grape Candy Salad is not only simple and easy but fun too! Involve your kids in the process if you'd like and they're going to enjoy it even more. Here's what you need to do step by step:
- First, combine yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat until well combined. Then, add cold heavy cream and beat for about 30 seconds.
- Make sure to not overbeat the cream, since it should be relatively running and not whipped up and thick. Set it aside until you're ready to use it.
- Next, remove the grapes from the vines into a large bowl after rinsing them well, and use a paper towel to dry the grapes as much as possible before adding the dressing. This is because the wet grapes will dilute the dressing. You can, alternatively, let them air dry completely ahead of time.
- Pour the dressing over the grapes, and mix it all well and fold it in until the grapes are perfectly coated. That's it! Your Grape Candy Salad is ready to be served!