This is a simple and easy idea, but this breakfast croissan'wich makes for a very scrumptious morning gourmet meal. It's like eating out, but at your own house. Or on the go. Just grab a cold glass of orange juice and you're set! Kids absolutely love them, and I love to make them because they're fast, easy to put together but are very rich and satisfying. During extremely busy times, it's an ideal go-to food to kick-start your morning. Highly recommended for Mondays... 😉 Enjoy!
Ingredient for ONE Croissan'wich:
3 slices - bacon
1 large – egg
1 slice – American cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Olive oil for frying egg
1. Heat a burner to medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and then 2 egg rings.
2. Crack eggs into the rings and break the yolks. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fry for 3 minutes.
3. Remove the rings and flip the eggs over. Let them fry for 3 more minutes. (The bacon should also be done broiling.)
4. Place fried eggs on a paper towel to absorb oil.
1. Cut croissant in half, lightly toast it and place the cheese.
2. Place fried egg and hot broiled bacon strips on the cheese. Cover the bacon with the top half of the croissant. Serve right away.
Simple Breakfast Croissan'wich
- 3 slices - bacon
- 1 large – egg
- 1 slice – American cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying egg
- Egg rings
- Heat a burner to medium heat. Add 2 tbsp. of olive oil in a frying pan and then 2 egg rings.
- Crack eggs into the rings and break the yolks. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Remove the rings and flip the eggs over. Let them fry for 3 more minutes. (The bacon should also be done broiling.)
- Place fried eggs on a paper towel to absorb oil.
- Assembly Instructions:
- Cut croissant in half, lightly toast it and place the cheese.
- Place fried egg and hot broiled bacon strips on the cheese. Cover the bacon with the top half of the croissant. Serve right away.
If you make this Simple Breakfast Croissan'wich recipe please share a picture with me on, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag with #valyastasteofhome. I'd love to see your creations! 🙂
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Click HERE.
Kitchen items I used in making this recipe:
(If you need any of these items, simply click on the picture to order. Thank you for your support!)
We tried toasting the croissants and it DOES take the taste of the croissant to a whole new level! We toasted our croissants in the conventional oven. Just turn it on & set the time for 5 minutes. You can do a whole bunch of them at one time. They taste so fresh & crisp! Amazing!
I toast the croissants too. I missed that part in the instructions. Thank you Julie. I'm glad you liked the sandwiches.
Amazing breakfast sandwich! This sandwich is not even comparable with any other kind! It's a 'melt in your mouth' type of food. Highly recommended for everyone to try! I am SO glad that I found this recipe! Thank you SO much for posting this, @Valya'sTasteOfHome!
NOTE: for those of you who want to replace the bacon, you can use: Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon. Broil the same way as listed above in the recipe instructions ?, the only thing different is you will be using turkey instead of pork. And the Organic Uncured Turkey Bacon tastes amazing!
Thank you!!! It is truly delicious! We actually made it for breakfast today again 😉
Love making these for my kids and hubby. They love them! I also add avocado. And instead, if I don't have bacon, I use sliced turkey breast. Also, try toasting the croissant for a min. It tastes like it was freshly baked! Takes this to another level. My son just loves it that way...all I hear is humming when he's eating it lol:)
Hi Ira. I'm very happy to heat that your family enjoys this so simple but tasty breakfast sandwich. Seeing kids enjoying the food you make is the sigh of accomplishment, right? You can also add homemade sausage. The possibilities are endless. Thank very much for awesome feedback. 🙂
Wow what a gr8 idea for breakfast or for anytime of the day or night gotta pass this on to my mom who always takes breakfast on the go those egg pancake ring molds are like really way cool what a really very neat awesome idea except I'd hafta use mushrooms and or peppers in place of the bacon since I can't eat bacon due to kosher dietary laws but still such a gr8 idea to go or to stay lol gotta pass this along also 2 my bff who has six kids looks really way economical and super creative