This Yogurt with Granola recipe is will give you a delicious and nutritious breakfast that's packed with protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals for an unforgettable treat! It's the perfect way to kickstart the day, and my recipe is loaded with fresh fruits too!
It makes for the perfect breakfast, healthy snack, dessert, or even a meal replacement. You can switch things up by adding different kinds of fruit and crunchy granola, or by including sweeteners like maple syrup and jam.
You may also top this yogurt with granola with toasted nuts or other dried fruits. There are endless flavor possibilities you can try in this delicious and healthy yogurt with granola, plus it will fill you up fast and keep you full for hours. Give it a try and you'll thank me later!
Want to learn how to make this yogurt with granola? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is Yogurt with Granola?
- What Makes This Yogurt with Granola Recipe Special?
- What You Need to Make Yogurt with Granola at Home
- How to Make Yogurt with Granola (Step-by-Step)
- Tips for Making the Best Yogurt with Granola Ever
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Yogurt with Granola
- How to Store Leftover Yogurt with Granola
- Similar Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- Berry Granola Greek Yogurt Bowl
What is Yogurt with Granola?
Yogurt with granola is exactly what it sounds like: delicious, crunchy granola topped with Greek yogurt and fruits for an incredibly delicious breakfast.
It's an easy and versatile breakfast or snack that can be enjoyed in many ways, and is an ideal way to get your daily dose of protein, calcium, vitamins, and minerals while also providing a delicious treat.
You can customize it to fit your tastes by adding different fruits, nuts, seeds, and sweeteners like honey or agave. It's a great way to start the day or have a quick, healthy snack. It can also be enjoyed as part of a meal replacement or as a light dessert.
For extra protein and fiber, try adding hemp seeds or hemp hearts. You can also switch up your favorite yogurt flavors or try different combinations of fruits and toppings.
What Makes This Yogurt with Granola Recipe Special?
This delicious yogurt and granola recipe is special for a ton of reasons. Here are the top three reasons why this recipe is the best one out there:
Versatile: This recipe is special because it is so easy to customize to fit your individual tastes and dietary needs. Make it as healthy or indulgent as you want by simply changing an ingredient or two.
Customizable: You can use different types of yogurt such as Greek Yogurt or coconut yogurt, as well as different flavors like vanilla yogurt. You can also switch up the type of granola, fruits, or even add additional sweeteners like jams and syrups.
Flexible: This recipe is also special because it can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you're looking for a grab-and-go breakfast, a healthy snack, or an indulgent dessert, this recipe has you covered. It's also great for meal prepping since it stores so well in the fridge.
What You Need to Make Yogurt with Granola at Home
All you need are some simple, pantry-staple ingredients to make this delicious yogurt with granola recipe at home. Let's look at what each of these are in more detail:
- Granola: First of all, you'll need some granola of course! I've used homemade granola in this recipe for the best results, but it's delicious with store-bought granola too!
- Yogurt: You'll also need some Greek yogurt for this recipe which will add a delicious flavor to your granola and also make it creamy. Plain Greek yogurt works best, but vanilla or other flavored yogurts are a great choice as well.
- Berries: We'll also be adding some delicious berries to our yogurt with granola. Blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cranberries, any kind of berry go great with this recipe. Grab your favorite one or mix and match!
- Chia Seeds: These power packed seeds are a great addition of vitamins, minerals, and healthy antioxidants.
How to Make Yogurt with Granola (Step-by-Step)
Making this delicious yogurt with granola is incredibly easy. Here's what you need to do to make it step by step:
Start by rinsing your berries.
Next, put the yogurt and berries into a bowl. Using a fork or fruit masher, mash the berries, then mix to combine with the yogurt.
Finally, top the yogurt and berry mix with granola, more berries, and sprinkle some chia seeds on top.
Your delicious Yogurt with Granola is ready to be served!
Tips for Making the Best Yogurt with Granola Ever
Mix and match: Yogurt with granola is all about customization, so don't be afraid to mix and match different flavors of yogurt, fruits, nuts, and crunchy granola. Experiment with different combinations to find your favorite.
Use fresh ingredients: For the most flavor and health benefits, make sure to use fresh (and preferably organic) ingredients.
Add some toppings: Don't forget the toppings! Adding crunchy nuts, hemp seeds, coconut, or other superfoods is a great way to add flavor, texture, and extra nutrition.
Recipe Variation Ideas for Yogurt with Granola
Just about anything can go into your Yogurt with Granola! The sky is the limit here so be creative and have fun. Here are some great recipe variation ideas you can try:
- Fruit: Some of my absolute favorites are raspberries, strawberries, huckleberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Kiwi and pomegranate also make great additions!
- Nut butter: Almond butter, cashew butter, or peanut butter, drizzled or with a spoonful dolloped on top, makes this yogurt with granola a heavenly delight.
- Dried Fruit: Cherries, raisins, cranberries, currants, or chopped dates go great with the creamy texture of the yogurt.
- Nuts: Sliced almonds, chopped pecans, walnuts, or roasted pumpkin seeds are a great boost of plant-based protein.
- Jam/Sauce: Use a layer of jam or sauce to add some sweetness. One of my favorites is the homemade strawberry sauce.
- Powder: Collagen, protein, and cacao powder are great choices and very nutritious additions to your yogurt with granola.
- Sweetener: Honey or maple syrup is a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth. You can also sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
How to Store Leftover Yogurt with Granola
Yogurt with granola can be stored for 3-4 days in the refrigerator which makes it a great recipe for meal planning. For best results, top the yogurt and berry mix with your crunchy toppings and fruits right before serving. I don't recommend freezing this recipe since it'll completely change the consistency and texture.
Similar Recipes You'll Love
- Easy Strawberry Almond Granola Recipe
- Breakfast Cottage Cheese Fruit Granola Parfait Recipe
- Berry Greek Yogurt Granola Parfait
- Apple Peanut Butter Granola Snacks
- Chocolate Cranberry Granola Clusters
Berry Granola Greek Yogurt Bowl
- 1 cup – Greek yogurt
- 1 cup – Strawberry Almond Granola
- ½ tsp. – chia seeds
- Strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries for topping
How to Make Yogurt with Granola (Step-by-Step)
- Start by rinsing your berries.
- Next, put the yogurt and berries into a bowl. Using a fork or fruit masher, mash the berries, then mix to combine with the yogurt.
- Finally, top the yogurt and berry mix with granola, more berries, and sprinkle some chia seeds on top.
- Your delicious Yogurt with Granola is ready to be served!
- If using softer fruit like raspberries you may mash them together with the yogurt. But if you’re using harder fruit to mash like strawberries, then I prefer to mash the fruit first in the bowl before adding and mixing in the yogurt.
This recipe was originally posted on June 6, 2019 (original picture below), and updated for a better user experience. The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.