The first day of summer has come and gone and grilling season is in full swing! One of the joys of summer - grilling - makes the sometimes mundane task of cooking an enjoyable task, for which we are grateful. These Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp Kabobs are not only beautiful but very appetizing and juicy. They are perfect for a quick dinner.
I usually grill them shortly after flavoring the shrimp, but I've wondered what the differences are when imarinated for a while. If you've done so, I'd love to hear your experience on that. Are they even more flavorful? This recipe is easy and quick to prepare with a great turnout. Rinse, sprinkle spices, skewer it, grill and enjoy! 🙂
2 lbs. – raw large shrimp
1 tbsp. – lemon pepper seasoning
1 tsp. – sea salt
¼ tsp. black ground pepper
¼ cup – olive oil
2 - large lemons
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for 15 min before skewering shrimp.
Place frozen shrimp into a bowl of cold water to thaw.
Rinse shrimp a few times in cold water. Let the water drain. Drizzle shrimp with olive oil and then sprinkle the measured out seasonings. Mix together until shrimp is well coated with olive oil and seasoning.
2. Cut a lemon in half and then into thin slices.
3. Thread shrimp and lemon onto 2 wet skewers.
4. Place skewers onto preheated grill. Grill on low for about 8 minutes.
5. Turn skewers over and grill for another 7-8 minutes.
6. Finally, transfer grilled shrimp on a platter and serve right away.
Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp Kabobs
- 2 lbs. – raw shrimp
- 1 tbsp. – lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp. – sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black ground pepper
- ¼ cup – olive oil
- 2 - large lemons
- Place frozen shrimp into a bowl with cold water. Let it thaw. Wash and rinse shrimp couple of time with cold water. Let the water drain. Drizzle shrimp with olive oil and then sprinkle with measured out seasoning. Mix it together so the shrimps are coated with olive oil and seasoning. Soak wooden skewers in the water for 15 min before <g class="gr_ gr_121 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling" id="121" data-gr-id="121">treading</g> shrimp.
- Cut lemon in half and then into thin slices.
- <g class="gr_ gr_106 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim gr_inline_cards ContextualSpelling" id="106" data-gr-id="106">Tread</g> shrimp and lemon onto 2 skewers soaked with water.
- Place skewers onto preheated grill. Grill it on low for about 8 minutes.
- Flip the skewers over and let it grill for another 7-8 minutes.
- Removed done shrimp onto a platter and serve right away.
So, my dear readers, if you make this Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp Kabobs Recipe, please share a picture with me on Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag with #valyastasteofhome. I’d love to see your creations! ?
Serve these Grilled Lemon Pepper Shrimp Kabobs with Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Radish and Chives Salad with Greek Yogurt Dressing. Enjoy!
Hi Valechka, these look really good! Great pictures! And to answer your question of marinating it longer or overnight, its not good, the shrimp becomes rubbery/very chewy when marinated for a long time or overcooked. The best time for shrimps to marinate is 10-15 minutes! 🙂
That's nice to know for me and my readers. Thank you very much for your comment Olechka!!!? 🙂
Definitely, I need to try it. One thing that I don't like it is lemon pepper seasoning. My mom in law used to put it everywhere in a food, and I hated it.
so for this recipe, I will avoid using lemon pepper seasoning.
You can substitute lemon pepper with vegeta or Mrs. Dash seasoning. I know what you mean. My mom used to make buckwheat a lot when we were little, and I hated it until I discovered a new way of preparing buckwheat. Thanks for your comment.