There’s hardly ever a dish as comforting and delicious as Spaghetti and Meatballs, and my recipe is going to give you the tastiest ones you’ve ever had!
This classic Italian dinner is something kids and adults both love and also makes for the perfect dish to make ahead of time and have at hand when the little ones are hungry.
The meatballs are juicy and tender, while the sauce has a delicious kick to it and the spaghetti is perfectly al dente.
Want to learn how to make this delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs? Then keep on reading!
What is Spaghetti and Meatballs?
Spaghetti and meatballs is a delicious Italian and Italian-American dish consisting of spaghetti, tomato sauce, and meatballs.
It’s a delicious comfort food dish that serves as the perfect family meal and is quick and easy to make.
You’ll get classic tomato flavors, thanks to the marinara sauce, and a hearty meal because of the tasty meatballs that make up this recipe.
Although this is a pasta dish, spaghetti is the specific kind of pasta used since it’s included in the name of the dish.
What Makes This Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Special?
We all love a good pasta dish! It’s no wonder that spaghetti and meatballs are one of the most popular Italian dishes across the globe!
But a lot of us sometimes think twice before making this delicious spaghetti dish, thinking it’s really unhealthy for us.
Well, that’s not entirely true! By using hand-picked ingredients and sauces, this recipe features spaghetti and meatballs that are high in protein and flavor, but low in sodium and calories compared to other recipes.
And it’s also an incredibly versatile recipe! I’ve opted to use parmesan cheese for this recipe, but you can also use mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, or any other you prefer.
I actually encourage you to go experiment and make this recipe your own! Trust me, you’re going to love this one! I actually reckon it’s going to replace your current spaghetti and meatballs recipe!
Read till the end of the post to find other recipe variation ideas you can try out for this classic, versatile spaghetti and meatballs recipe.
Spaghetti and Meatballs is the Ideal Make-Ahead Meal to Prep
I've never seen a kid that doesn't love spaghetti and meatballs. And we, as moms, love to see them appetizingly devour every bit of this dish.
If you already have a stockpile of ready-to-use meatballs in the freezer, that is, this meal will literally take you less than 30 minutes to put on the table.
If you don’t, do yourself a favor and take me up on the suggestion to have kid-friendly and loved food stockpiled, whether it’s in the freezer or pantry.
Also, with hot summer days around the corner who wants to spend long hours, every single day in the kitchen cooking time-consuming, fancy meals?
I'll be honest, I love soaking in some sun while working in my garden or relaxing, so I like to mix up my cooking routine.
For example, I spend an entire day in the kitchen cooking up a storm, then properly preserve and store it for a simple defrost and light prep as needed in the next couple of days.
This is one of those quick solution meals for any busy, pressure-packed, limited-time days, as well.
Spin some Caesar salad, toast some garlic bread, or thaw and bake ready-made bread sticks, and voila! Dinner is served with a smile.
Happy kids equal a happier mom!
Why You’ll Love This Delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe
This Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe is incredible for so many reasons and here’s why:
Easy: It’s incredibly easy to make and doesn’t require any planning ahead of time!
Pantry-staple ingredients: This dish packs a punch when it comes to flavor but it only requires pantry-staple ingredients.
Juicy and tender: It features deliciously juicy and tender homemade meatballs that are going to become your next favorite!
Big flavors: Don’t underestimate the simple ingredients this recipe calls for because you’re going to get big flavors!
Customizable and versatile: This recipe is absolutely perfect on its own but if you’re looking for the perfect Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe to use as a base and to experiment with, this is the one you need.
Family-friendly: This recipe has rich flavors but it’s perfect for particularly everyone! Kids and adults seem to love it.
What You Need to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs at Home
Making this delicious dish at home is super simple and only requires panty-staple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need to make it at home:
- Easy Baked Meatballs: We’ll be following this super easy meatballs recipe to make our delicious golf ball-sized meatballs. It’s an incredibly easy and versatile recipe that is seasoned with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika and includes eggs, garlic cloves, and onion in it as well. You should definitely try out this tasty recipe featuring classic meatball flavors.
- Spaghetti: Spaghetti and meatballs are just not incomplete without some spaghetti! We’ll be using 1 pound of 454 grams of spaghetti. You can also use fresh spaghetti in this dish.
- Marinara sauce: You’ll need 16 oz or 454 grams of marinara sauce to make this dish. I’ve used store-bought Kirklands Organic Marinara Sauce to use in this recipe, but you can go with whichever tomato sauce you love best or make a homemade marinara sauce instead.
- Cream: We’ll be adding heavy whipping cream to our spaghetti and meatballs for a deliciously creamy and smooth consistency to the sauce.
- Parmesan cheese: In the end, you’ll need some cheese! I’ve gone with parmesan cheese for this recipe, but you can other cheeses you like as well.
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs at Home (Step-by-Step)
This Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe can be ready and on the table in under 30 minutes! Here’s what you need to do step-by-step to make it:
Boil your spaghetti pasta according to package instructions.
In the meantime, prepare the meatballs by following my easy-baked meatballs recipe.
Pour spaghetti sauce into a large pot or pan, add heavy cream stir until it’s well combined. Next, bring it to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat.
Now place and coat meatballs with sauce, then cover with a lid crack open and bring it to a simmer again. Reduce heat to low and let it continue to simmer for 20 min.
While the pasta is cooking and meatballs are heating through, grate the cheese in a large bowl and set it aside.
Drain the spaghetti once it’s done and place it onto serving plates. Top it with meatballs and sauce and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh green onions.
Let the meatballs cool when serving kids. Your delicious, tasty Spaghetti and Meatballs are ready to be served!
Spaghetti and Meatballs Recipe Variation Ideas
This delicious Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe is perfect as is, but you can try these variations to change things up according to your preferences:
Use different meats: I’ve used ground beef and ground turkey breast to make these delicious meatballs, but you can add just about any kind of meat you prefer including Italian sausage, ground pork, etc.
Try some breadcrumbs: If you like your meatballs to be crispier, you can use store-bought bread crumbs or make your own bread crumbs in a food processor. Coat the balls in it before baking for crispier meatballs.
Add more herbs and aromatics: You can also add herbs and aromatics that you like to either the meatballs or to the sauce itself. Some good ones to try include parsley, fresh basil, and minced garlic cloves.
Storage Tips: How to Store Leftover Spaghetti and Meatballs
You can store this spaghetti and meatballs dish in the fridge for up to 3 days.
But, as I mentioned in my post above, this is also a great dish to make ahead of time and freeze!
Meatballs can be frozen for up to three months, so double the recipe. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat on the stovetop over medium-low heat.
Keep the spaghetti separate and only the sauce and meatballs should be frozen in the freezer.
You can then quickly boil some spaghetti while heating the meatballs and sauce before serving it as a meal for your family and hungry kids!
Similar Pasta Recipe
- Easy Cheesy Marinara Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta
- Fettuccine Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
Quick and Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs (Ready in 30 Mins!)
Spaghetti and Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 lb. – spaghetti pasta
- 16 oz. – organic Marinara sauce
- 2 tbsp. – Heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup – freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 - Easy Baked Homemade Meatballs
How to Make Spaghetti and Meatballs at Home
- This Spaghetti and Meatballs recipe can be ready and on the table in under 30 minutes! Here’s what you need to do step-by-step to make it:
- Boil your spaghetti pasta according to package instructions.
- In the meantime, prepare the the meatballs by following my Easy Baked Meatballs recipe.
- Pour spaghetti sauce into a large pot or pan, add heavy cream stir until it’s well combined. Next, bring it to a simmer. Reduce to medium heat.
- Now place and coat meatballs with sauce, then cover with a lid crack open and bring it to a simmer again. Reduce heat to low and let it continue to simmer for 20 min.
- While the pasta is cooking, and meatballs are heating through, grate the cheese in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Drain the spaghetti once it’s done and place it onto serving plates. Top it with meatballs and sauce and sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh green onions.
- Let the meatballs cool when serving kids. Your delicious, tasty Spaghetti and Meatballs are ready to be served!
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
This recipe was originally posted on May 22, 2017 (original picture below), and updated for a better user experience. The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.
Looks so delicious as always! Thank you for sharing your recipes!
That's so sweet of you! Thank you for stopping by 🙂