This Garlic Chicken Pasta features a delicious creamy garlic pasta sauce with chicken strips and penne pasta for an unforgettable combination! It's an incredibly quick and easy recipe to make, especially if you use some frozen, cooked chicken strips!
It's also the perfect recipe to use some leftover chicken in as the delicious creamy garlic sauce perfectly coats everything for the best flavor ever!
I love pasta with lots of creamy sauce, which is very similar to homemade Alfredo sauce. You get not only chicken and pasta in your bite but a generous scoop of the delicious sauce too. Trust me, when you try this recipe once you're going to want to make it again and again!
Want to learn how to make this delicious Garlic Chicken Pasta? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is a Garlic Chicken Pasta?
- What You Need to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta at Home
- How to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta (Step-by-Step)
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Garlic Chicken Pasta
- How to Store Leftover Garlic Chicken Pasta
- More Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta (Quick and Easy Recipe!)
What is a Garlic Chicken Pasta?
Garlic Chicken Pasta is one of the tastiest pasta dishes that feature a creamy garlic sauce and chunks of chicken for the perfect combination. Parmesan cheese adds a special touch to the sauce, giving it depth and a lot of delicious flavor!
What's best is that this is a super easy pasta recipe you can make, especially if you already have some frozen chicken strips or even some delicious leftover chicken.
You can also adjust the consistency of the sauce by adding some more parmesan cheese to it or thinning it out with some reserved pasta water. This chicken pasta dish is creamy, with the perfect garlic flavor, and is truly one of the best pasta recipes you'll ever try!
What You Need to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta at Home
This creamy garlic parmesan chicken pasta is super easy to make and only requires some simple pantry staples! Here's what you'll need to make it at home:
- Chicken: Can't have a garlic chicken pasta without some chicken! I've used some pre-cooked, frozen grilled chicken breast strips that have been thawed. You can also make your own at home or use any leftover chicken you have that is not too seasoned to take away from the flavors of this garlic pasta.
- Pasta: You'll also need some pasta for this delicious recipe! I've used penne here, but you can use whichever pasta is your favorite!
- Water: We'll be combining water with our bouillon paste for a delicious chicken broth that's all done in one pot!
- Better Than Bullion Paste: To make our chicken broth, we'll be using some bouillon paste for the tastiest base for our garlic sauce:
- Heavy cream: You'll also need some heavy whipping cream to get that creamy consistency that'll make our garlic chicken pasta absolutely delicious!
- Dry or fresh parsley: Parsley not only makes the dish look better, but it also adds a fresh herb flavor to it! You can use either dried or fresh parsley in this recipe.
- Garlic: This is definitely the star ingredient in this recipe, and we'll be using some fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder for a more robust and delicious flavor.
- Salt: To season our pasta to the right level, we'll be adding some sea salt or kosher salt to it.
- Parmesan cheese: This is what not only adds a delicious flavor to our pasta sauce, but it also helps in adjusting the consistency of the sauce itself. Add more to make it thicker, or add less for a thinner consistency.
- Butter: Instead of using olive oil, we'll be using some unsalted butter to add richness to our pasta dish which will truly make a big difference in the flavor of the dish in the end.
- Chives: You'll also need some chopped chives for garnishing our pasta and to add even more flavor that works beautifully with the garlic, parmesan, and cream combination in this recipe.
How to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta (Step-by-Step)
Making this Garlic Chicken Pasta is quick and easy! Here's what you need to do step by step to make it at home:
In a medium skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter on the stove-top. Sauté chicken strips for 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat and set it aside.
Next, shred Parmesan cheese and set it aside as well.
Time to cook our pasta! In a large pot, boil pasta according to package instructions. Once pasta is done, drain and rinse the pasta, and set aside.
Now time to put it all together! In an extra-large pan, melt butter. Then add water, chicken bouillon paste, heavy cream, parsley, shredded (or pressed) garlic, and salt. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium, then add sautéed chicken strips. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 2 minutes.
Then add cooked pasta. Stir the pasta, chicken, and sauce together until all combined and are heated through, for about 2 minutes.
Lastly, add the shredded Parmesan Cheese to the pan. Mix it all for 30 seconds or until it's well combined. Then cover the pan with a lid and let the cheese melt.
Recipe Variation Ideas for Garlic Chicken Pasta
This recipe is truly amazing as it is, but if you're looking to customize it I have some great ideas for you to try:
Veggies: If you want to add some veggies to this, feel free to add whichever ones you love best. Some sautéed spinach goes beautifully with the flavors in this recipe.
Low carb version: For a low-carb version with fewer calories, you can also use zucchini noodles instead of regular pasta for a healthy yet tasty garlic chicken pasta recipe!
Spicier: If you want to make it spicier, you can add some red pepper flakes to this dish.
How to Store Leftover Garlic Chicken Pasta
If you have any leftovers, you can easily store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days! Whenever you want to serve it, just pop it in the microwave and add a splash of water to adjust the consistency.
I don't recommend freezing this recipe because it will really alter the texture and consistency of the sauce. Since it's super quick and easy to make, it's best to make it fresh or store it in the fridge.
More Pasta Recipes You'll Love
- The Perfect Marinara Pasta
- Shrimp Alfredo Fettuccine Pasta Recipe
- Creamy Peas and Bacon Pasta Recipe
See all pasta recipes.
Creamy Garlic Chicken Pasta (Quick and Easy Recipe!)
- 1 lb. – Chicken breast grilled strips (thawed)
- 1 lb. – organic pasta
- 1 cup – water
- 1 tsp. – Better Than Bullion Paste
- 1 ½ cup – heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. – dry parsley (or ¼ cup, freshly chopped)
- 3 x-large – garlic cloves (or 1 tbsp. - shredded)
- 1 tsp. – sea salt
- 1 ½ - 2 cups – shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. – unsalted butter
- Chives for garnish
How to Make Garlic Chicken Pasta
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tbsp. butter on the stove-top. Sauté chicken strips for 2 – 3 minutes on medium heat and set it aside.
- Next, shred Parmesan cheese and set it aside as well.
- Time to cook our pasta! In a large pot, boil pasta according to package instructions. Once pasta is done, drain and rinse the pasta, and set aside.
- Now time to put it all together! In an extra-large pan, melt butter. Then add water, chicken bouillon paste, heavy cream, parsley, shredded (or pressed) garlic, and salt. Bring the sauce to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium, then add sautéed chicken strips. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 2 minutes.
- Then add cooked pasta. Stir the pasta, chicken, and sauce together until all combined and are heated through, for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, add the shredded Parmesan Cheese to the pan. Mix it all for 30 seconds or until it's well combined. Then cover the pan with a lid and let the cheese melt.
- Your delicious Garlic Chicken Pasta is ready to be served!
This recipe was originally posted on January 10, 2017 (original picture below), and updated for a better user experience. The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.