Many different salads show up on the Thanksgiving table. This one is tends to move pretty quickly. With the wide variety of rich flavored dishes, this salad is very refreshing and off sets some of the flavors. I make several salads for Thanksgiving and this one was the first one gone in minutes, even though I tripled the portion. If you like the salad at Olive Garden, you will like this one as well as it is similar.
I always have to have this salad when I go to Olive Garden since I love the Italian dressing they use. So I decided to bring it home, but I don’t use exactly the same ingredients they use. The difference is they don’t use cucumbers but pepperoncini, croutons and iceberg lettuce. They also add Romano cheese not parmesan. I like to use Romaine lettuce and parmesan cheese instead. After I saw this dressing at Costco, it came to mind to share my version of the salad with you. It goes well with any holiday or non-holiday dinners.
Ingredients you will need:
2 bunches – romaine hearts lettuce
20 – cherry tomatoes
4 small – cucumbers
¼ – red onion
2 tbsp. – parmesan cheese
¼ cup – olive garden dressing
2. Slice lettuce into one inch thick pieces.
3. Wash cucumbers, tomatoes and red onion. Pat dry with paper towel; cut and slice vegetables.
Assembling the salad:
1. Place romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Place all the vegetables on top of the romaine lettuce.
2. Sprinkle parmesan cheese. Add dressing.
3. Mix and serve right away.
I want to pause and personally thank all of my friends who have been visiting my blog, reading my recipe posts and commenting, for supporting and following my blog and for sharing it with your friends and loved ones. Many of your comments and emails have been very encouraging and inspiring to me. I truly appreciate each and every one of you in everything you do to participate in and support my adventure. The view numbers have doubled in the past couple of months because of you, my great friends, and I value all you. Without you I would not be where I am today. To show my appreciation and as a way to thank you I am going to run weekly giveaways all the way until Christmas. The winner will be chosen every Monday by a Rafflecupter random draw and will have 24 hrs. to respond back to me. Thank you kindly!
Congratulation to Vera K. a winner of a Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra II Cookie Press. Enjoy! I wanted to say Thank you very much to all who entered this Giveaway! I wish I had one for everyone who entered 🙂
1. This Giveaway will be open from December 1, 20015 to December 6, 2015.
2. Must be 18 years old or older to participate.
3. The Giveaway is open to US and Canada residents only.
4. To enter the Giveaway, follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter widget below.
5. There will be ONE winner selected at random via Rafflecopter each Monday (7th, 14th and 21st) morning. The winner has 24 hours to reply. Selected winner will be verified for proper entry.
- 2 bunches – romaine hearts lettuce
- 20 – cherry tomatoes
- 4 small – cucumbers
- ¼ - red onion
- 2 tbsp. – parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup – olive garden dressing
- Wash romaine lettuce. Pat dry each leaf with a paper towel. Trim off the thick center in each lettuce leaf.
- Slice lettuce into one inch thick pieces.
- Wash cucumber, tomatoes and red onion. Pat dry with a paper towel; cut and slice vegetables.
- Assembling the salad:
- Place romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Place all the vegetables on top of the romaine lettuce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese. Add dressing.
- Mix and serve right away.
If you make this Hearts of Romaine Salad Recipe please share the picture with me on facebook, instagram or pinterest. Tag it with #valyastasteofhome, I would love to see your creation. 🙂