Beef cutlets are one of the best savory comfort foods! These crispy and savory meat patties are made with ground beef, bread crumbs, spices, and other flavorful ingredients for a tasty meal for the whole family. They are super easy to prepare and can be served as a main dish or a tasty appetizer.
This beef cutlet recipe is perfect if you're looking for a delicious and satisfying meal. The combination of ground beef, mayonnaise, onion, garlic, and spices makes a juicy and flavorful patty that is crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Italian bread crumbs give the cutlets a crispy texture that is perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
Whether you're cooking for a family dinner or a potluck party dish, these beef cutlets are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. They are easy to make and can be customized to suit your tastes by adjusting the spices or adding extra ingredients, like cheese or vegetables. So, let's get started and create some delicious beef cutlets that will leave everyone wanting more!
Want to learn how to make Beef Cutlet? Then keep on reading!
Table of Contents
- What is Beef Cutlet?
- What Makes This Beef Cutlet Recipe Special?
- What You Need to Make Beef Cutlets at Home
- How to Make Beef Cutlet (Step-by-Step)
- Tips for Making the Best Beef Cutlet Ever
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Beef Cutlet
- How to Store Leftover Beef Cutlet
- Similar Recipes You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- Tender and Juicy Beef Cutlet (Simple and Easy Recipe!)
What is Beef Cutlet?
Beef cutlets are meat patties made from ground beef mixed with bread, spices, onions, and garlic. The mixture is shaped into patties and coated in breadcrumbs before being pan-fried or baked until crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
The dish is popular in many cuisines around the world. Japan has a version of beef cutlets known as "katsu" and Indian beef cutlets are known as "kebabs". In some regions, this dish may be called different names, like "chicken fried steak" or "beef burgers".
Beef cutlets are often served as a main dish and go with a variety of sides like mashed potatoes, green vegetables, or a salad. They can also be served as a snack or appetizer with dipping sauces such as ketchup, mayonnaise, or mustard.
What Makes This Beef Cutlet Recipe Special?
This is seriously the best beef cutlet recipe you'll ever find! Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider making it:
Perfect texture: This beef cutlet recipe makes a savory dish with an awesome texture combo. They're crispy on the outside but moist and tender on the inside.
Great for dipping: The crispy crunchy outside texture of these beef cutlets is perfect for dipping. Dunk them in tomato ketchup, mayonnaise, or your favorite hot sauce!
Easily customizable: This recipe is so easy even a novice cook can adjust it to their liking. Switch up or add some different spices for a whole new taste!
What You Need to Make Beef Cutlets at Home
Making beef cutlets only requires pantry-staple ingredients. Let's look at them in more detail:
- Ground beef: The first ingredient we'll need for these beef cutlets is ground beef. It's a very rich and savory meat that's perfect for sauteeing.
- Bread: Soaked in water bread added to cutlets bonds mixture tugether and prevents them from breaking while sautéing.
- Mayonnaise: Next we're going to use some mayonnaise (I prefer homemade mayo). It's a great-tasting binding agent that will add some moisture to our cutlets.
- Eggs: We'll also use an egg to mix with the ground beef. It helps bind the ingredients and makes the meat even more tender and moist.
- Onion: We need an onion for this beef cutlet recipe also. The onion will add a slightly sweet, savory, umami taste to the cutlets.
- Garlic: The sweet and nutty flavor of garlic pairs very well with the savory taste of ground beef. It's also healthy and contains antioxidants!
- Italian bread crumbs: Next we need some bread crumbs to coat our cutlets with. They fry up nicely when sauteed for a delightfully crunchy texture.
- Oil: We're going to sauté these cutlets in olive oil. It's very healthy and will add a slightly nutty flavor to the recipe. Alternatively, you can also use vegetable oil mixed with a little butter.
- Mrs. Dash seasoning: We're going to use some Mrs. Dash as another seasoning blend in this recipe. It has different herbs and spices that add a flavorful and aromatic element to our cutlets.
- Salt: We'll also use a little salt in addition to the seasoning blends. It really brings out the flavor of the other ingredients.
- Black pepper: Ground black pepper is the last seasoning we're going to use. It will give our cutlets a slightly pungent, slightly spicy flavor.
How to Make Beef Cutlet (Step-by-Step)
Making beef cutlets is super easy, especially with my step-by-step instructions! Let's take a closer look at home to make them at home:
How to Make Beef Cutlets Patties
Let's start by making our patties first.
Soak the bread slices in the water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the bread and add it bread to the bowl with ground beef. Mix well until bread is combined with meat.
Then add mayonnaise, grated onion (you can add chopped onion as well), egg, crushed garlic, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and salt. Thoroughly mix all these ingredients together.
Then, on a large plate, sprinkle 1 cup of homemade Italian breadcrumbs. Form meatballs about 1-½" to 2" inches in diameter, then dredge the meatballs in the breadcrumbs.
Pat down the meatballs to flatten them into patties, and place them on a separate plate.
How to Sauté Beef Cutlet
Time to cook our beef cutlets! Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan. Preheat the skillet and heat oil on a medium-high flame.
Place the formed patties into the skillet, leaving a little space around each other for the best searing results.
Sauté beef cutlets for about 3-5 minutes (depending on your stove) or until golden brown.
Turn them over and saute for another 3 minutes.
Remove them from the skillet. Let them rest on a paper towel for about 15 minutes to get rid of excess oil.
Your beef cutlets are ready to enjoy! Have them with mashed potatoes and mushroom gravy or your favorite side dish!
Tips for Making the Best Beef Cutlet Ever
Use fresh beef: Make sure your ground beef is fresh and the highest quality you can find (preferably organic). This will make your cutlets juicy and flavorful.
Adjust the crispiness: If you want your cutlets to be extra-crispy, double-dip them in breadcrumbs before sauteeing.
Make sure they're cooked: Use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the cutlets to make sure they are cooked all the way through.
Multiple batches: This is the perfect dish to make multiple batches of for a holiday dinner or when you have friends and family coming over!
Recipe Variation Ideas for Beef Cutlet
This is, by far, the tastiest beef cutlet recipe you'll ever come across. But if you're looking to change things up, here are some ideas you can try:
- Change the meat: You can use different kinds of meat in this cutlet recipe. Replace the ground beef with ground turkey, or chicken for a leaner cutlet. You can even use beef strips and cubed steaks and process them in a food processor or meat grinder before using them in this recipe.
- Make it spicy: Are you a fan of spicy food? Add hot sauce, cayenne pepper, or green chilies to the mix for an extra kick of flavor! You can even add a little more black pepper powder for some extra heat!
- Add veggies: Try adding some diced bell peppers to the mix for an extra burst of flavor and color. You can experiment with other aromatics and veggies you like too, and even add some fresh herbs.
- Adjust the seasonings: You can try many different seasonings to adjust the flavor of these cutlets. For an Indian twist, try some meat masala such as garam masala, turmeric powder, ginger, or curry leaves for a change in flavor.
- Make it lighter: Swap out the Italian breadcrumbs for Panko breadcrumbs for an extra light taste.
How to Store Leftover Beef Cutlet
You can store leftover beef cutlets in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Make sure you wrap them tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before placing them in the fridge.
Reheat beef cutlets by microwaving them for 30 seconds or until heated all the way through. You can also heat them on the stovetop in a skillet with a little bit of oil.
Similar Recipes You'll Love
- Turkey and Pork Meat Patties (Kotlety)
- Simple Wild Crab Fritters Recipe
- Easiest Chicken Fritters Recipe
- Easy Baked Meatballs Recipe
- Buckwheat Meatballs in Cream Sauce
Tender and Juicy Beef Cutlet (Simple and Easy Recipe!)
- 1.5 lbs. – organic grass-fed ground beef
- 4 slices - of white bread (I like to use my homemade French bread)
- ¼ cup – mayonnaise (I used a homemade mayonnaise recipe)
- 1 large – egg
- 1 medium – onion
- 5 garlic gloves
- 1 tsp – Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp – salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp – black ground pepper or to taste
- ¾ cup - homemade Italian breadcrumbs for dredging the cutlets
- Olive Oil for sautéing
How to Make Beef Cutlets Patties
- Let's start by making our patties first.
- Then add mayonnaise, grated onion (you can add chopped onion as well), egg, crushed garlic, Mrs. Dash, pepper, and salt. Thoroughly mix all these ingredients together.
- Soak the bread slices in the water for 10 minutes. Squeeze the water out of the bread and add it bread to the bowl with ground beef. Mix well until bread is combined with meat.
- Then, on a large plate, sprinkle 1 cup of homemade Italian breadcrumbs. Form meatballs about 1-½" to 2" inches in diameter, then dredge the meatballs in the breadcrumbs.
- Pat down the meatballs to flatten them into patties, and place them on a separate plate.
How to Sauté Beef Cutlet
- Time to cook our beef cutlets! Add a few tablespoons of olive oil to a frying pan. Preheat the skillet and heat oil on a medium-high flame.
- Place the formed patties into the skillet, leaving a little space around each other for the best searing results.
- Sauté beef cutlets for about 3-5 minutes (depending on your stove) or until golden brown.
- Turn them over and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Remove them from the skillet. Let them rest on a paper towel for about 15 minutes to get rid of excess oil.
Thank you for following me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Did you make this recipe? Let me know!