I made these Cream Filled Pizzelles for the main choir gathering at our church today and wanted to share it with you all too. I've been making this desert for over ten years and it doesn't get old. Its usually made for parties but every once in a while you can treat yourself.
There are a lot of different shapes of pizzelles. I had this one ever since I started making them. It's very durable, I never had problems with it. Also, you may make many different kinds of cream recipes for it, but this is my best kind of cream for this dessert. The caramel just perfectly blends with this recipe of pizzelles. I like to refrigerate them for at least 6 hours before serving so the cream can set little more and the pizzelles get a little softer.
I usually make two servings of them so I use up the whole can of Dulce de Leche. I have frozen them before and they are the same after thawing. Just be sure you thaw them in the fridge only. Have fun making them! 🙂
You will need Pezzelle maker (I bought mine at Bad Bath and Beyond). You can purchase different shape of Pizzelle Maker on amazon too.
2. Add eggs and sugar into electric mixer bowl and beat it on high for five minutes.
4. Add flour and mix on low until combined.
6. Remove from Pizzelle maker and roll them hot. Pizzelles gets hard as they cool, and you will not be able to roll them.
How to make cream filling:
Place cool whip and Dulce de Leche into a small bowl. Mix it on high for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and mix it for another 3 minutes or until combined.
Assembling the Pizzelles:
1.Place cream into piping bag with Wilton 21 attachment. Pipe some cream to each side of the roll.
- Batter ingredients:
- 5 large – eggs
- 1 cup – sugar
- 4 oz. – imperial margarine
- 2 oz. – unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cup – all-purpose flour
- Cream filling ingredients:
- 8 oz. – cool whip thaw
- ½ can – Dulce de Leche
- You will need Pizzelle maker
- Place butter and margarine into a small bowl and melt it in the microwave for 30 second. Set aside and let it cool.
- Add eggs and sugar into electric mixer bowl and beat it on high for five minutes.
- Add melted and cooled batter with margarine. Mix it for another minute.
- Add flour and mix on low until combined.
- Preheat Pizzelle maker. Pour some batter with ice-cream scooper onto each ring. Bake it for 1 minute.
- Remove from Pizzelle maker and roll them hot. Pizzelles gets hard as they cool, and you will not be able to roll them.
- Let rolled pizzelles cool completely before filling them with cream.
- How to make cream filling:
- Place cool whip and Dulce de Leche into a small bowl. Mix it on high for 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl down and mix it for another 3 minutes or until combined.
- Assembling the Pizzelles:
- Place cream into piping bag with Wilton 21 attachment. Pipe some cream to each side of the roll.
- Repeat filling all the rolls with the same step. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours before serving.
- Enjoy with coffee or tea.
If you make this Cream Filled Pizzelles recipe please share the picture with me on Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag it with #valyastasteofhome, I love seeing your creation. 🙂