Are you ready to indulge in a refreshing and delicious treat that will transport you to a tropical paradise? Look no further than these homemade mango popsicles! Bursting with sweet and tangy flavors, these popsicles are the perfect way to beat the summer heat and satisfy your cravings for something cool and fruity.
Made with ripe mangoes, creamy coconut milk, coconut water, and a touch of maple syrup these popsicles are not only incredibly easy to make, but they also boast a vibrant yellow color that is sure to brighten up any dessert table.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue or simply seeking a healthy and satisfying treat for yourself and your loved ones, these mango popsicles are guaranteed to be a hit.
So grab your popsicle molds and let’s get ready to make some delicious popsicles! You can check out my strawberry popsicles too!
Want to learn how to make this mango popsicle recipe? Then keep on reading.
Table of Contents
- What are Mango Popsicles?
- What Makes This Mango Popsicles Recipe Special?
- What You Need to Make Mango Popsicles at Home
- How to Make Mango Popsicles (Step-by-Step)
- Tips for Making the Best Mango Popsicles Ever
- Serving Suggestions for Mango Popsicles
- Recipe Variation Ideas for Mango Popsicles
- Frequently Asked Questions
- How to Store Leftover Mango Popsicles
- Similar Recipe You'll Love
- Recipe Card
- The Tastiest Mango Popsicles (Super Easy Homemade Popsicles)
What are Mango Popsicles?
Mango popsicles are frozen treats made with ingredients like frozen mangoes, a sweetener like sugar, and water or other liquids. They are a popular dessert during the summer months and are loved for their refreshing and fruity flavor. They’re also commonly referred to as mango pop or mango ice pops!
One of the main reasons why mango popsicles are so good is because of their natural sweetness. Mangoes are naturally sweet and have a unique tropical flavor that is loved by many. When blended into a puree and frozen, this sweetness is intensified, making the popsicles a delicious and guilt-free treat.
Plus, mangoes are a good source of vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin C and vitamin A. They are also rich in dietary fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote a healthy gut. Therefore, indulging in mango popsicles can be a healthy alternative to other sugary desserts.
Lastly, mango popsicles are incredibly easy to make at home. With just a few ingredients and a popsicle mold, you can have a batch of homemade mango popsicles ready to enjoy in no time. This makes them a convenient and budget-friendly dessert option for anyone craving something sweet and refreshing.
What Makes This Mango Popsicles Recipe Special?
Easy: These homemade popsicles are incredibly easy to make, requiring only a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time.
Refreshing: The mango flavor in these popsicles is vibrant and refreshing, making them the perfect summer treat for those hot summer days.
Versatile: This recipe can be easily customized to suit individual preferences. You can add additional fruits or even a touch of spice to create unique flavor combinations.
Delicious: The combination of sweet mangoes and creamy coconut milk creates a creamy and delicious popsicle that is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
Crowd-pleaser: These mango popsicles are a hit with both kids and adults alike. Whether you’re serving them at a party or enjoying them on your own, they are sure to be a crowd-pleaser. They’re seriously the perfect snack!
Vegan: What’s best is that this recipe is also vegan, gluten-free, and dairy-free! You can even substitute the coconut milk with Greek yogurt in these vegan popsicles.
What You Need to Make Mango Popsicles at Home
All you need are some simple pantry staple ingredients to make this mango popsicle recipe at home. Let's look at them in more detail:
- Frozen mango chunks: We will be using some frozen mango chunks to add a sweet and tropical flavor to this recipe. They will provide a rich, creamy, smooth texture to the final dish.
- Coconut milk: We will also use some coconut milk to lend a rich and creamy consistency. It will help in adding a subtle tropical flavor to the dish and will enhance the overall taste.
- Coconut water: The coconut water will help to balance the sweetness of the other ingredients and provide a subtle hint of coconut flavor.
- Maple syrup: Remember to add some maple syrup to sweeten this recipe. The syrup will add a rich and caramel-like flavor, enhancing the overall taste and depth of the dish.
- Vanilla extract: We will be adding vanilla extract to infuse it with a warm and aromatic flavor. It will also add a touch of sweetness and enhance the overall taste profile of the dish.
How to Make Mango Popsicles (Step-by-Step)
Making these incredible mango popsicles is easier than you think. Here's how to make them at home step by step:
Start by gathering all of your ingredients: frozen mango chunks, coconut milk, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Take out your blender and add in the frozen mango chunks, coconut milk, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Secure the lid onto the blender and turn it on to the smoothie setting. Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and well combined. Once it is smooth, carefully pour it into your popsicle molds. Make sure to leave a little bit of space at the top of each mold to allow for expansion as they freeze.
Place the filled popsicle molds into the freezer and let them freeze for about 6 to 8 hours. This will make sure that they are completely frozen and ready to enjoy.
After the freezing time has passed, remove the popsicle molds from the freezer. To easily remove the popsicles from the molds, you can run the molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them.
Gently pull the popsicles out of the molds and place them onto a plate or a tray. They are now ready to be enjoyed!
Tips for Making the Best Mango Popsicles Ever
Choose ripe mangoes: To guarantee a sweet and flavorful popsicle, select ripe mangoes if you’re going for fresh ones. Make sure that they are slightly soft to the touch. They should have a fragrant aroma and vibrant color.
Blend until smooth: For a smooth and creamy texture, blend the mangoes until they are completely smooth. This will make sure that there are no lumps or chunks in the mango puree mixture.
Add lime juice: To enhance the flavor of the mangoes, add a squeeze of fresh lime juice to the popsicle mixture. The acidity of the lime juice will balance out the sweetness of the mangoes and add a refreshing tang.
Strain the mixture: After blending the mangoes, strain the mixture to remove any fibrous bits or stringy pieces. This will result in a smoother and more enjoyable popsicle texture.
Use popsicle molds: Invest in popsicle molds to make it easier to create uniform and professional-looking popsicles. These molds come in various shapes and sizes, allowing you to get creative with your frozen treats.
Insert popsicle sticks: Before freezing the popsicles, insert the popsicle sticks into the molds. This will help in making sure that the sticks are in place and will not fall out when you try to remove the popsicles from the molds.
Freeze until firm: Allow the popsicles to freeze until they are firm and completely solid. This will typically take 6-8 hours, depending on the size of the molds and the temperature of your freezer.
Serving Suggestions for Mango Popsicles
- Enjoy these mango popsicles as a refreshing treat on a hot summer day. The sweet and tangy flavor of the mango pairs perfectly with the cold and creamy texture of the popsicle.
- Serve them at a tropical-themed party or barbecue. They will add a burst of color and flavor to the dessert table, and guests will love the fruity taste.
- For a fun twist, dip the mango popsicles in melted dark chocolate and sprinkle with crushed nuts or coconut flakes. This adds a delicious crunch and an extra layer of flavor to the popsicles.
- Create a mango float by placing a popsicle in a glass and pouring over a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some diced fresh mango. This dessert is a perfect combination of creamy, fruity, and refreshing flavors.
Recipe Variation Ideas for Mango Popsicles
This delicious mango popsicles recipe is absolutely perfect as is, but if you're looking to change things up, here are a few variation ideas you can try:
Lime: Add the juice and zest of one lime to the mango mixture for a tangy and refreshing flavor combination. Blend until smooth, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze as directed. You can also use lemon juice instead.
Mango Strawberry: Add ½ cup of sliced strawberries to the mango mixture for a sweet and fruity twist. Blend until smooth, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze as directed.
Pineapple: Add ½ cup of diced pineapple to the mango mixture for a tropical and exotic flavor combination. Blend until smooth, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze as directed.
Mint Popsicles: Add a handful of fresh mint leaves to the mango mixture for a refreshing and herbaceous twist. Blend until smooth, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh mangoes instead of frozen mangoes?
Yes, you can use fresh mangoes instead of frozen mangoes. You may need to adjust the consistency of the mixture with some coconut water or coconut milk.
Can I use a different sweetener instead of maple syrup?
Yes, you can use a different sweetener such as honey or agave nectar instead of maple syrup. Adjust the amount according to your desired level of sweetness.
How long do Mango Popsicles last in the freezer?
Mango popsicles can last for up to 2 months in the freezer if stored in an airtight container or wrapped tightly in plastic wrap.
Can I add other fruits to the Mango Popsicles?
Yes, you can add other fruits such as strawberries, peaches, or pineapple to the mango popsicles for added flavor. Just blend them together with the mangoes and other ingredients.
How to Store Leftover Mango Popsicles
To store leftovers of mango popsicles, place any uneaten popsicles back into their molds or transfer them into an airtight container. Store the popsicles in the freezer for up to 1 week.
When ready to enjoy, remove the popsicles from the freezer and let them thaw for a few minutes at room temperature before serving. If you prefer a softer texture, you can also place the popsicles in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to thaw.
Similar Recipe You'll Love
The Tastiest Mango Popsicles (Super Easy Homemade Popsicles)
Mango Popsicles Ingredients
- 7 cups – frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup – coconut milk
- 1 cup – coconut water
- ¼ cup – organic maple syrup
- ½ tsp. – pure vanilla extract
How to Make Mango Popsicles
- Start by gathering all of your ingredients: frozen mango chunks, coconut milk, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Take out your blender and add in the frozen mango chunks, coconut milk, water, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Secure the lid onto the blender and turn it on to the smoothie setting. Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and well combined. Once it is smooth, carefully pour it into your popsicle molds. Make sure to leave a little bit of space at the top of each mold to allow for expansion as they freeze.
- Place the filled popsicle molds into the freezer and let them freeze for about 6 to 8 hours. This will make sure that they are completely frozen and ready to enjoy.
- After the freezing time has passed, remove the popsicle molds from the freezer. To easily remove the popsicles from the molds, you can run the molds under warm water for a few seconds to loosen them.
- Gently pull the popsicles out of the molds and place them onto a plate or a tray. They are now ready to be enjoyed!
The post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure.