Some time after I got married we visited my husband’s aunt. She served us these mini meat patties with mashed potatoes and a salad. If you read my story, you learned that my mom passed away shortly after I got married, so that drastically axed my source for feedback and advice (to say the least). I really didn’t have anybody else to get cooking advice and advancement from. I realized the cooking skills I learned in my single, youthful life are limited to the ones needed to constantly sustain my own growing family. So I learned fast.
At gatherings and special events, I paid close attention to what people around me prepared and asked them for recipes. This is a recipe Aunt Mariyka shared with me, except she used white bread, not bread crumbs (which is another option I use as well). Breadcrumbs make the patties a bit drier, whereas bread slices (soaked in water) produces softer and moister patties.
From my now longer cooking experience, I began to experiment with different ingredients. I tried making them with two different types of meat. I think it just tastes better, although I do make a single meat Kотлеты as well. During dinner time, with Aung Mariyka, I kept wondering how people cook so well. Finally, I mustered enough courage end asked her for the recipe for these fantastic traditional meat patties which I’m happy to pass along to you. This is the short story of how I started making Pork Meat Kotlety. They are truly scrumptious! Especially right off the skillet, when they are just hot, juicy and boasting with flavor!
1 ½ lbs. – ground turkey
1 ½ lbs. – ground pork
1 cup – plain breadcrumbs
1/3 cup – mayonnaise
1 large – egg
1 medium – onion
5 garlic gloves
1 tsp – VEGETA Gourmet Seasoning
¼ tsp – black ground pepper
½ tsp – Mrs. Dash
1 tsp – salt
Olive Oil for sauteing
1. Begin with ground turkey and homemade ground pork in a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, mayonnaise, grated onion (you may use chopped onions; I just don’t like the texture and visibility of cooked onion), egg, crushed garlic, Vegeta, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and salt.
- 1 ½ lbs. – ground turkey
- 1 ½ lbs. – ground pork
- 1 cup – plain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup – mayonnaise
- 1 large – egg
- 1 medium – onion
- 5 garlic gloves
- 1 tsp – VEGETA Gourmet Seasoning
- ¼ tsp – black ground pepper
- ½ tsp – Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp – salt
- Olive Oil for sauteing
- Begin with ground turkey and homemade ground pork in a large bowl. Add bread crumbs, mayonnaise, grated onion (you may use chopped onions; I just don't like the texture and visibility of cooked onion), egg, crushed garlic, Vegeta, pepper, Mrs. Dash, and salt.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Place 1 cup of Italian Style breadcrumbs onto a large plate. Form meatballs about one inch in diameter.
- Dredge the meatballs in the bread crumbs.
- Pat down meatballs to flatten into patties and place them on a separate plate.
- Pour 2 tbsp. of olive oil into a large pan.
- Heat skillet to medium/low, and transfer meatballs into the pan.
- Saute meat patties for about 3-5 minutes (depending on your stove) or until golden brown. Turn them over and saute for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan and enjoy!