Kids need to eat more often than just breakfast, lunch and dinner. When my kids come home from school they’re looking for something to eat right away. All of us who have kids will understand what I mean. If you don’t have anything ready they will try to fill their stomachs with whatever they want. Instead, I have an excellent and quick recipe for you to prepare and give them something healthy to throw into those little stomachs until dinnertime comes. And prevent the attack of the pantry! This Turkey Pinwheel recipe is great, healthy with vitamins, protein, fiber and low in fat. Plus, it’s a chance to get some veggies in, such as green leaf lettuce and tomato. You can also add any of your family favorite vegetables to these pinwheels. Kids love to play with it first, of course, pretending they’re riding in a truck with big wheels before they actually eat them. Works up an appetite for other kids who are pickier eaters and makes for peaceful dinner making. These pinwheels can also be good for lunch. Quick – Easy – Delicious – Perfect! 🙂
Ingredients you will need:
8 leafs – green leaf lettuce
1 extra large – tomato
1 pack – Flatout flatbread
8 oz. – sliced turkey breast
4 tbs. – mayonnaise
6 slices – american cheese
1. Lay the flatbread flat on a big cutting board and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on one side.
2. Place 2 ½ slices of cheese.
3. Lay folded in half turkey breast on top of the cheese.
4. Wash green leaf lettuce and pan dry with paper towel. Place it on top of the turkey breast.
5. Then put three slices of tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
6. Tightly roll flatbread length-wise.
7. Cut with a knife into 1 inch pinwheel.
- 8 leafs - green leaf lettuce
- 1 extra large - tomato
- 1 pack - Flatout flatbread
- 8 oz. - sliced turkey breast
- 4 tbs. - mayonnaise
- 6 slices - american cheese
- Lay the flatbread flat on a big cutting board and spread 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on one side.
- Place 2 ½ slices of cheese.
- Wash green leaf lettuce and pat dry with paper towel. Place it on top of the turkey breast. Place green leaf lettuce on top of the turkey breast.
- Then put three slices of tomatoes on top of the lettuce.
- Tightly roll flatbread length-wise.
- Cut with a knife into 1 inch pinwheels
If you make this Turkey Pinwheels Appetizers recipe please share the picture with me on Snapchat, Facebook, Instagram or Pinterest. Tag it with #valyastasteofhome, I love seeing your creation. 🙂